Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Happy Easter, Grandpa Smith!

To say it's been a long week from a week ago today would be an understatement. Last Wednesday, I received the phone call that surprised and didn't surprise me at the same time - my Grandpa Smith had passed away. This man was a walking miracle so many times over so it was a wonder his body was finally so very tired that he just stopped. He was rather upset that he was going to be too weak to go to church on Easter Sunday so he just took a different route, I guess. Doesn't surprise any of us one bit. ;-)

This news brought on a huge flurry of frantic packing and changing of plans which all worked out fine in the end. We worked on Thursday and then headed home to WI that evening since we both had off on Friday (Good Friday). We stayed through Tuesday, early afternoon, so we could attend funeral services for Grandpa. They were lovely, it went well, and while we were all so sad to say goodbye to such a fiesty old man who loved life, it warms my heart now to know all the things he doesn't have to deal with anymore as a result of his failing body.

The rest of the weekend was kept busy with visits, candy, and coughing. And more coughing. And MORE coughing....we tossed around bringing along the nebulizer/Rx along to WI b/c both girls seemed on the verge of ok but if there was one most important thing we packed, it was that thing. By Saturday, Morgan was coughing so hard/often that she got sick at dinner out with my dad and grandma. Within a few breathing treatments, she was still coughing but it was much more tolerable for her and she could breathe. Hadley started treatments as well on Tuesday morning when she woke up sounding very "croup-y." We're weaning them both off today (hopefully) and they will continue to get better. Morgan probably should have gone in for this cough. It was a bad one. But self-medicating and life circumstances directed us on this route and for now, it's working.

*I started this post last week sometime, I think...can't even remember that. I know I've been a terrible poster lately (if anyone is still out there) and will work on that. Trying. So here's this bad incomplete post and I'll try to get more done later while I'm not neglecting other duties and racing through the second Hunger Games book (these are so good ohmygoodnesscan'tputitdown). Toodles.


No comments:

Post a Comment