Wednesday, June 8, 2011

One for all of us

I feel the need to update on each individual family member so here goes.

Adam
  • Hasn't had much of a chance to golf or play ball lately b/c of traveling and weather. I don't always mind b/c it means life is easier for me (think four hands for one kid instead of two), but I would like to take Morgan to one of his weekday games soon as they have a nice park there and I could contain her in a swing and watch him play at the same time.
  • He's been a working machine outside since being home and recently spread 3 yards of bark on about half of our flower beds in this extreme heat. Go Team Adam.
  • I don't know why but I'm blanking on what else he's up to lately. Likely b/c it's work, home to do things around the house (work, spending time with Morgan and I, etc), and then we've just had very busy weekends. 
  • I know he's excited for our trip in a week and a half. 8 straight days of family time. :) 
Liss
  • Today marks my first day of summer break and I only first realized this yesterday when I had finished my work for the school year and was able to put my day and a half left on my contract elsewhere in June (those count as summer speech days - not school year days. It makes sense in MY head). I went for a walk with Morgan this morning and realized how much I love working out in the morning vs after a long day of work and coming home to mommy-hood. No, I don't mean 6am working out - I mean 9am. :)
  • I'm feeling pretty stinkin' great. Still a bit tired at the end of a long day, but feeling great otherwise. Getting bigger, however, is my next item on the agenda and it's definitely happening. I'm still in most of my regular clothes although "regular" can now be defined as my "fat clothes" being the ones that fit. I've had to use a rubberband here and there for my jeans, but alas, I think I've made it further with this one than I did with Morgan which is all sorts of backwards. 
  • Did I mention I'm super excited for summer break? I am. Tomorrow morning after my oil change, Morgan and I are going to the library to finally pick up books for her about the moon, bunnies, and cows since those are her three obsessions at the moment. 
  • I'm seriously considering trying to figure out how to work it in the budget so that after Christmas I can have a house cleaner. So necessary and would help my "must be clean, no clutter" Liss-i-tude calm down a bit.
  • I'm often hungry with this pregnancy. Great. Looks like that 40lbs might not be as avoidable as I first thought. ;-) However, at my doctor appt just a bit ago, I'd only gained one pound in the past month. Awesome sauce (thanks, Abbie). :)
  • I'm dying to go on our vacation. A week from Saturday!! AZ here we come!
 Morgan
  • Where to start...she's hilarious. The other night we were eating dinner and she was poking along, and for some reason I noticed she put a pea in her mouth rather swiftly. I said, "Did you just eat that pea?" in a very accusing tone and she looked at me, smiled, and said, "Nooo..." Do I laugh b/c she's being silly or worry b/c she totally lied to me? You bet we chose laugh. It's a pea for goodness sake. And yes, playing this "game" resulted in her eating her entire mass quantity of peas.
  • Morgan has broken out many new 2-3 word phrases but in the last two days or so, I've even heard a few 4-word phrases. "See ya soon, car!" was her one this morning on our walk. Fun to hear her develop this so quickly.
  • She still takes a morning and afternoon nap. She's currently working on a rather long morning nap which will likely result in a short p.m. one when she's at Mary's...(I wrote this part this morning. Now she's trying to take her afternoon nap and it's not going so well).
  • Morgan no longer likes to sleep for nighttime (think after 8pm) in the car (but neither do I, so who am I to judge?). On two separate car rides she didn't finally fall asleep until 9:45pm, which was 15 minutes before getting back to IA or to WI. I'm now indifferent to it b/c she's fine the next day and we don't do it often. It totally gave me anxiety though in the moment(s). 
  • She now tells everyone to "hold on ____" (insert name here, including her babies) when she needs to do something before giving them attention. This is particularly funny when her baby is "crying" and she needs to get a bottle first. "Hold on, baby!" get bottle, put in baby's mouth, everyone's happy.  
  • She LOVES being outside. She HATES coming in to pee. First/then language is helping but not always...I let her play with the hose last night after giving the dogs a bath - will have to post pictures later. Funny, especially after I showed her how to drink (or bite the water, if you're Morgan) the water straight out of the hose.
  • No new teeth as of late. I think that's all for this one right now.
Baby
  • We heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time today. It was 150 bpm and and everything appeared normal and fine. We talked more with our midwife about her recent vacation and our upcoming vacation then we did about the baby. :) Going back July 16th for a routine visit and then...hopefully by the first week of August we'll know who's in there!! (at least gender - see 4th baby bullet).
  • The baby is about as long as a lime (2") this week and weighs about a 1/2 ounce. I'm hoping to feel him/her start to move soon, but I'm pretty sure I have a few weeks until that really happens. 
  • We're DYING to find out who's in there asap since we are struggling on names big time and at least if we know gender we can narrow down 1/2 the playing field. 
  • We will take name suggestions but please know the following:
    • We are not sharing names until s/he gets here. Deal. 
    • We will take your suggestions but don't be offended if we don't use your name(s). :)
    • Since we have TONS of preggo friends right now - if we fall in love with a name before learning your baby's name and they're the same, we will likely still name our baby that name. Hopefully no one will find this offensive, but that's what our plan is right now. I would expect the same from someone else who's having a baby after we are as how is anyone to know our name if we're not sharing?
  • We could use double stroller suggestions, if anyone has any...affordable and durable would be much appreciated!

I think that's good for now. Morgan is going on 1.5 hours for her morning nap (again, written this morning...). I'm starving (shocker). Maybe I should go get something done with this extra time instead of blogging and checking FB, huh? :) Afternoon addendum - off to make a rhubarb/strawberry crisp. YUM (although I'll likely be the only one to eat it since Adam doesn't like that sort of thing...)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment