Oh my goodness, aside from all the crazy that was prepping for the wedding and end of the school year (this is ongoing), the girls have been a hoot lately and I'm sad that I'm not finding more time to blog about it.
Sunday when we were leaving the hotel in WI, Adam and I both thanked the desk clerk after Adam checked out. Morgan started to walk away with us, turned around, and very matter-of-factually stated, "I love you," and walked away. It was SO funny at the time and Adam and I cracked up the whole way to the car.
Hadley squeals and coos OFTEN especially when she's playing or hanging out by herself. She had a great ride home Sunday from WI and played with a given toy for 5-10 minutes at a time unless she dropped or kicked it out of her reach. Morgan shared her less favorite lovies and Hadley LOVED them. My new mission is to find a really really cute one like Morgan's bunny so she has something cute to lug around and not some ugly toy that was from a vending machine or something.
Morgan's vocabulary can be stunning sometimes - as in stuns me what she says. On Saturday, I had a few not-mother-of-the-year moments when I got stressed out and snapped at the girls when really, they did nothing (too) wrong. I apologized several times throughout the day and explained to Morgan that mommy wasn't mad at her, I was just stressed out trying to figure everything out and make the day perfect in any way from our end (or really, not cause anything bad to ruin/influence anything other than perfection for their day). So we're riding home Sunday and Morgan starts to get really upset that her hiney hurt (I think she had a little rash) so when we stopped, she was all out crying. :( Poor kid. So Adam grabbed her and took her to the bathroom since she had to go anyway and I grabbed Hadley to nurse. Adam came back later and said that on their way to the bathroom, Morgan looked at him with all these big tears and said, "Daddy, I'm sorry I'm crabby..." Awww, poor kid. She can be so sweet...
Hadley *just* started to like standing on my legs a bit more this weekend. She really enjoys her exersaucer still and even rotated it around a bit this morning while playing. Also, last night I was playing with both girls while Adam went to get the dogs and Hadley started to do some preliminary army crawling. She actually scooted forward an inch or two to reach her softball! Adam was pleased. :)
Morgan can pedal a bike now. Have I mentioned this before? She learned how the last time we were home and is able to do so fairly well as long as she's on a flat or slightly declined surface. She's so big! Also, she gets to go to Sunday School next year. Have I posted that already? Sunday school. Oh my goodness. I know that's not academic school or anything but that sure is close. :-/ Why do they have to get so big?
There are a hundred other things but I can't think of any right now b/c I'm having serious brain block from trying to remember everything that needs to be done by the end of the school year which is tomorrow for my 2nd district and Friday for my 3rd/last. Plus it's going to be HOT HOT HOT coming up (95 on Saturday!) so I'll be thinking of lots of fun things to do inside as well as how we're going to get that pool out for the girlies! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment