Hadley
(scenario - I went upstairs to get clothes for the girls for the morning, Adam was initially playing with Hadley and then was helping Morgan eat yogurt in the recliner b/c why on EARTH would you eat something like that at a table??)
- I took the baby gate down b/c when I took my first step up the stairs, Adam was touching her and playing and I was sure he had her under control (HA). (PS. If Hadley sees anyone head for the stairs, she's gone baby gone and trying her best to follow.)
- I heard Adam get Morgan her snack. I heard them talking. I thought I heard Hadley head for the stairs (sometimes she crawls loudly - slap slap hand slap) but I figured hey, he was playing with her and I'm sure they're playing more.
- I got ready to go to Hadley's room to get her clothes and voila. She is RIGHTTHERE. Little Miss Hadley scaled the entire flight of stairs silently, on her own, without dying. I'm not sure how this happened but we'll just thank God that he was the one who stood behind her while she was doing so. Adam didn't realize I took down the gate. I didn't realize he stopped watching her. GEEZ.
- PS. She thought she was the COOLEST baby ever for having scaled the steps with God.
(scenario - it's 3am and all is right with the world b/c we are all sleeping)
- (over the monitor, loudly, of course) "DAAAAAADDDYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! I need to FLOOOSSSSSSSS!"
- Me: "What did she say she needs?!"
- Adam: "Floss. OMG."
- Me back in the monitor b/c Morgan's is a two-way: "Morgan, sweetheart, it's the middle of the night and we don't need to floss now. You can floss when you brush your teeth in the morning. Go back to sleep, OK?"
- Morgan, sadly: "Okay....." ::63 seconds later:: "Mommy! I have to go to the bathroooooom!"
- Me: "Ok, go ahead, we're going to see if you can do it all by yourself this time, ok? You don't even have to tell us when you're done - you can just go back to bed."
- Morgan: "Ok." gets out of bed and goes all by herself! Triumph!
- Me after she gets back in bed: "Way to go! You did it all by yourself! Goodnight, see you in the morning!"
- Morgan: "Thanks, Mommy, goodnight."
PS. Morgan's Grandma Sherri received a call this morning to let her know that her flossing influence has certainly left a lasting impression on her oldest grandchild. Super. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment