The Baby One:
- crawls up stairs no problem and has for a while now...but can now go DOWN the stairs too! (supervised, of course. duh.)
- is on ammoxicillin (sp?) and albuterol breathing treatments b/c she had an ear infection and wheezing. When she's interested in TV, breathing treatments are cake. When she's got other ideas, they're hell.
- is a fine eater except when she's sick. Shocker, she ate TONS of pizza and avacado tonight for dinner. Love her.
- is interested in ANYthing Morgan has/does. She's imitating movements and trying to dance and it's hilarious. For example, tonight one of us parent people said, "Who loves pizza!?" and Morgan yelled, "I DO!" and raised her hand, Adam followed suit, and then Hadley started hollering and raised her hand too. Me too, sweetie.
- is starting to really speak her mind...or maybe I mean yell her mind.
- doesn't have tons of words but is constantly erupting noises/sounds and is imitating.
The Big Girl:
- is growing more and more independent every day. Every time I ask her to stop getting big, she starts talking about "When I'm 30 and I can drive..." sigh.
- 's fine motor skills for coloring is starting to rock my socks off. She brings home colored pages from Mary's all the time and seriously, in a week or two she was suddenly a big girl who can color in the lines no problem.
- has an attituuuuude sometimes. What can I say...she's related to me. sigh (poor kid)
- is so very thoughtful and is constantly loving on her sister. That said, when I hear, "I GOTCHA!" it's a given that Hadley is now stuck in some form of "embrace" be it by the ankle trying to get away or a big bear hug while I pray Morgan doesn't do the "throw-let-go"
- never ceases to amaze us with her smarts. She knows so many things and she loves to keep learning. She wants to find out who/what/where/when/why things work and is excited when she's learning about sounds/letters/blending them on new apps we find.
- made it to the end of her first Disney movie today after SHE chose it. It was the first time I said we'd watch a movie, which one do you want, and she responded with a DISNEY movie. Super score.
- thinks she might be getting done with her naps. She has another thing coming. I told her she can stop napping around mid-August. ;-)
The Mommy:
- LOVED the extra time home this week for a half day with sick Hadley Tuesday, snow/sick Hadley day Wednesday, and the 2hr late start today.
- is busy with work while at work and doing pretty well with keeping it there and not at home. For now. I always feel like this could be a ticking time bomb.
- got to play volleyball after getting her hair did last night and it was the best night in a long time flying solo. LOVED IT and felt athletically alive again for the first time in a long time.
- is getting tired and moving on to the daddy person.
The Daddy:
- is being an athletic machine too and working hard at his weight loss goals (much like the mommy person). It won't be long before he passes up the mommy person in total weight lost this year.
- works hard.
- loves his girls like a crazy person. It's so fun watching them crawl all over him and get so VERY excited for him to come home every night. I love when he walks out of our bedroom with one in each arm and I pretend to be all shocked that he's got TWOGIRLS instead of just one. They love that.
- is not as good at Words With Friends as the mommy person. Just sayin'.
- is so good at keeping the mommy person grounded. Most days. ;-)
Adios, amigos. I'm exhausted and tomorrow morning holds lots of shuffling around of Maddie to the vet at 8:00am and Morgan to swimming at 9:30. Potential fun time at Monkey Joe's in the afternoon. We'll see!
No comments:
Post a Comment