Hadley's first molar poked through on Monday (or at least that's when I found it) which hopefully is the reason behind her awful diaper rash. You'd never know - she's been happy and fine this whole time save for chewing on her fingers, but she's been doing that for several weeks now. Easy teething? I'll take it any time. That's tooth #9 at 14 months, if you're keeping track, which obviously all of you reading this are.
On Tuesday, a snowstorm moved into the area and the schools got nervous enough to call an early dismissal. The school I was at was done at noon. It was awesome. The only thing that might have made it more awesome was if I'd thought to bring workout clothes and hit the Y on my way home since it wasn't THAT bad yet, but the extra time home with the girls and playing outside after naps was fantastic and we loved it. I was really hoping for a 2 hr delay this morning and got my wish! Thank you Wednesday districts! It was a lovely morning of getting an extra half hour of sleep (thankyouMorganearlyriser), sending the girls to daycare around the normal time, and then shoveling/showering alone for me. Perfection on a week when Adam travels. We got somewhere between 4-5" of snow whereas back home, they got over a foot after being forecasted 2-3". HA HA HA buried.
Speaking of Adam (a little bit ago), he comes home LATE tomorrow night! I'm hoping his flights go as planned and since I think he's going through the Denver airport instead of Chicago, I think his chances are upped significantly. When he's gone after a stretch at home, it's easy to miss him and I'm doing so quite a bit today. :-/
I planned the meals ahead of time for this week (such a help when Adam travels) and tonight was supposed to be brinner (breakfast for dinner!). We went ahead with that but I took it a step further and we "dressed for the event," meaning that immediately after settling in when we got home, everyone was required to put on jammies. Don't you eat breakfast in jammies?? It made sense and was the best idea ever. Morgan thought it was hilarious and Hadley was adorable in new (to her) jammies that were favorites from Morgan. The girls were WAY into hugging each other tonight and it was adorable. As soon as my computer stops being weird about photos (it keeps spinning...?) I'll post a pic or two on Facebook.
So far a great week with my girlies. I'm eager for Adam to come home late tomorrow night so let's all join linked fingers and cross them tight that his planes/flights all go according to plan b/c if one doesn't, he doesn't come home until Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment