Then Adam travels and I don't have the option to go to the Y while the girls are sleeping (going to the Y while they're awake with just one parent who wants a real workout just isn't a choice for us right now. Hadley needs to be older.).
I know I can do Nike Training Club (which I've loved in the past) and other workouts I've pinned (which I've also loved in the past) but sometimes, I just want to walk. Or run. Or both. Or alternate. All while watching TV.
Enter the Treadmill.
It was funny how it happened, actually. I told Abbie and Sarah in an email one day at work that I really wanted one (old news, I'd said this before). 3-4 hours later, Adam emailed me two treadmills he'd found on Craig's List. Coincidence or amaze-balls huzz/wife connection? Doesn't matter. He's on board.
Two weeks ago, Adam contacted one of the sellers and we set up a meeting. He tried to low ball them (I can write that b/c he admitted it afterwards) and after some compromise, we drove away with a treadmill in the back of his truck with a very happy wife sitting in the front seat.
Fast forward to now and this is why I'm superomginove with my new (to us) treadmill:
- I can walk and catch up on Fashion Star at the same time.
- I can run and catch up on Fashion Star at the same time.
- The scale has stayed at my lowest since becoming pregnant with Hadley all week. PS. only 3-4 pounds to go until I'm "at weight" but then it's tone-up time BIG time.
- I can be ugly, not match, and feel connected to the girls while in my house running.
- It's raining outside and I can run/walk.
- It will be snowing outside (hopefully not for a long time!!) and I can run/walk.
- It can be HOT AS BLAZES outside and I can run/walk.
So needless to say, I love my treadmill. Adam is worried it will become useless fixture in our house. I beg to differ even though I see his point of view.
So that said, welcome to the fam, Treadmill. I heart you!
No comments:
Post a Comment