Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Schmidts take on WI Dells

Happy day-late Memorial Day and thank you, Veterans, for all of your sacrifices to help make/keep our country free. We are forever grateful for that freedom and cannot say thank you enough. (especially my brother, Travis, of whom I shall always be uber proud of for his (and his family's) sacrifices while serving our country.)

For this Memorial Day weekend, Adam and I made the suggestion to his parents and brother/SIL to take WI Dells by storm and have 8.45 Schmidts take over for 3 nights to celebrate the long weekend. Adam and I left work at lunch and made our way into town by 5ish. We had dinner at Culver's to feed the hungry mongrels children and Adam's parents joined us shortly thereafter at the Chula Vista Resort. It was nothing short of awesome and the suite was perfectly spacious to accommodate for our "space using" monkeys. Tom & Carrie got in just before little girl bedtime and fun was had by all.

Saturday, the "big" ladies went right to the outlet mall after breakfast and the guys took the kiddies to the indoor water park at the resort. I scored some major deals including one of  my favorites, a pair of BRIGHT pink Banana Republic cropped pants that you might be able to see 10 miles from where ever I'm wearing them if we're both outside. Oh, and they were $10 instead of the original $60. Win. Oh and they were in my normal size and fit comfortably. WIN. We reconvened over lunch and then the guys went golfing until dinner. After p.m. naps, all the girls went back to the indoor water park (it's frowned upon by my species to swim in 50-60 degree temps outside) where Morgan worked on not being scared  of the slide but LOVED being in the water and Hadley worked on going down the slides only 100 times instead of 1,000. She also became more accustomed to her new floatie and learned that if she keeps her feet up and behind her, life is better. She also enjoyed being "rained on" even though the chlorine even hurt MY eyes after a while.

Sunday came as did the stomach flu for me. Morgan had something going on earlier in the week so it wasn't a shock that somebody got something. I tried to power through it and made it (late, after a nap) to the water park with the rest of the clan in the morning. We came back for lunch where I promptly laid down and tried to down some water, but it wasn't helping. Almost all of us napped and were then set to go to KnuckleHeads but I ended up having to bail. I was really weak/tired/nauseous so I stayed back while the clan went out, had fun, and went out to the Moose Lodge for dinner. I think it was safe to say everyone was exhausted by this point so we stayed in for a quiet rest of the night.

Monday, we were going to go to the WI Dells Deer Park in the morning after check out since the rain foiled our plans Saturday afternoon, but the rain got us again so we had to bail on the whole thing. It turned out to be ok, though, b/c the girls did NOT nap well in the car, both were exhausted, and it was nice to lay them down and unpack/start wash without two adorably needy little beings running around. The dogs were glad to come home and Morgan, sweetest thing ever, asked for a piece of candy for her sister when she was given a sucker at the "puppy hotel." She proudly threw gave Hadley her tootsie roll and then proceeded to hug her til they fell down.

Miscellaneous items of note from vacation:
  • I found pink Adidas track suits for the girls to wear next winter for SO cheap (and so cute omg). 
  • Hadley is a fish like her sister, with Morgan being a good fish but just a little more cautious.
  • Carrie's baby bump is adorable and tiny and I think I looked like her when I was 10 minutes pregnant. Or now. Either way, baby is doing great, kicking often, and trying to convince his/her parents to find out his/her gender and share it with his/her Aunt Liss. I'm not too hopeful. 
  • It rained cats and dogs while we were gone. It's set to keep doing so this week. Ugh. Maybe I'll finally have time to go through the girls' dressers/closets and put winter clothes away!? 
  • We'd love to make something of an annual/bi-annual tradition of this past weekend. And next year, there will be THREE crazies kiddies instead of just two! Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment