Tuesday, June 18, 2013

18 Months!

A few days late. Clearly I'm a blogasaurus lately and am shooting for 3x/month. How sad is that!!? Since she's 18 months, it's imperative that I update her current status!! And all the new things she's been up to lately. She's growing by leaps and bounds developmentally (and somewhat in size....)

  • She's 18 months! Next step is TWO. OMG I just fell off my chair but don't worry, the Mac is a-ok. 
  • She's finally talking so much more. A few two-worders in there and I swear she's saying, "what this??" A few favorites are "eyes!" (followed by some poking or involuntary glasses removal), "good girl" (in reference to Jessie NOT begging at dinner and lying down like a good dog). Also, she says Morgan but it sounds almost exactly the same as mama. Maybe I should help her say Moh-moh or something? 
  • Gross motor - she alternates feet going up the stairs while holding hands. If she only holds one hand, she hangs onto the railing but needs work on her timing. She LOVES to climb ladders at the park and on the home play set outside. She "runwalks" which is the cutest thing ever when she thinks she's the fastest kid on the earth. Hadley swears her soccer skills are just as mad as Morgan's and would like to join Morgan's practices yesterday, please. 
  • Fine motor - Hadley's a mad iPad/Pod user now. She loves the apps Coloring Farm/Zoo, My PlayHome, Peekaboo Barn, and whatever else she can get her hands on. On our way home from the zoo last weekend, I gave her the iPod to try to keep her awake so she'd nap at home...and she fell asleep while playing the iPod (reference FB post). It was hilarious. Then I gave her her Nike sandal and THAT kept her awake the rest of the way home WHAT. 
  • She loves her daddy when she's with me and she loves me when she's with her daddy. And hands down, this kid has to know where Morgan is at all times. 
  • Imitator extraordinaire. She LOVES to do any and everything her sister is doing and it's adorable to watch her try some of what Morgan is doing. Except when she thinks she's big for real and gets hurt.
  • Speaking of getting hurt, Hadley will have a scraped (to a varying degree) left knee this entire summer. She gets it almost healed and BAM, rescrape. She then cries for 10-20 seconds and then  wants to go play and bleed. She's a toughie and isn't fearless but is definitely a "go-getter." 
I'm going to add more later but it's late and I need a snack. She's amazing and makes our family whole. They both do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment