You'd think I'd be blogging more with all this "time" I have, right?
No. No I don't have extra time. When I'm sitting on the couch, I'm ALL about the Olympics or sleeping. I'm tired, people. I'm tired. Of so many things (ahem, stupid too cold weather, ahem) but right now, we're just going to say I'm tired and need some shut eye (yay weekend starting tomorrow).
So. We turned 32 since my last post. I have to say, I think I really like that Adam and I have close birthdays because we sort of get to celebrate together and have conversations like this:
Me: "We have to have a plan. Do you want the cookie cake or the ice cream cake? I'll take the other."
Adam: "I'll take the ice cream cake."
Me: "Great - want me to order mine or do you want to?"
Adam: "I totally got this." (and he totally did. It was purple with MORE purple on top. Love him.)
We're cool like that.
Here's the other awesome thing about having close birthdays - if one is a bust, you just get to have fun on the other almost right away!
You guessed it - wahhhh everyone was either deathly ill, mostly ill, or 2 years old on my birthday (see how I did that? how the 2 y/o is just as much work as the sick ones? because I'm right.)
My birthday was fine - I relaxed, had too much cookie cake, and drank some wine. Adam knocked it out of the park by getting me some perfume I didn't even know I loved and I no longer stink to high heaven. Adam's birthday was fun and the girls had a good time eating ice cream cake. He got the driver (golf) he'd been eyeing up forever and now we're 32. Old balls.
Here's to 32 being slightly "quieter" than 31 was - I don't know if I can handle back-to-back years like 31 ended up being...(even though I loved it!)
No comments:
Post a Comment