Monday, March 10, 2014

The one where the second one is different than the first

As a parent, no one is EVER perfect (hello! see me pointing wildly at myself! and then a quiet finger at Adam...we're totally not perfect although I know we don't suck either). Sometimes I yell and feel that the girls are being irrational even though in all reality they're just being kids and all that goes with that.

That said, Adam and I have had some heavy discussions lately about Hadley's behavior. Let me preface - we know our girls are generally good and not horrid little humans. We work hard to make sure they shy away from being horrid little humans which ultimately results in discipline and guidance and rules and such.

Something we're both working on understanding is the girls are TOTALLY different people which means what works/ed for one does not necessarily work with the other. I'm understanding this more than Adam at the moment but then we get on the same page, things suck before they improve, then they're nice, and then Hadley's smartipants little self feels the need to retest and make sure we're still on our toes. I'd like to think it's her 2 year molars coming in (which the dentist just confirmed that Hadley is smack-dab in the middle of it) or the fact that she's picked up yet another cough-like-crazy cold, or cabin fever or (insert your favorite reason for 2 y/o antics here) but really? I think Hadley's just a totally different kid who shines SUPER BRIGHT when she shines and then makes you potentially lunatic crazy when she's the opposite.

I have more thoughts on this but I'm running out of brain power. Thank you time change, up for a long time with a coughing tiny human last night, and having to get up for work in the morning (whine, I know, don't we all get up…wahhhh). Only 3 more days of work this week and then some much needed time off - Spring Break y'all! Off Friday (Susie birthday lunch with the girls), Adam land during nap time (oh yeah! Toronto this week! conferences! sigh.), down time until Tuesday, and then we're headed to the Dells T-TH. Can't. Wait. I'm on a mission to find little girl floaties but I'm getting nervous…hopefully Adam knows where they are...

No comments:

Post a Comment