Holy crap you guys. The past few days, Hadley has been obsessed with the little plastic slide in her daycare room. So much, in fact, that she would rather sit on her cot and stare longingly at the slide (and perhaps cause a little ruckus too) than go to sleep. (the teachers brilliantly have decided that tomorrow, they're going to move her cot.)
Discussion of Hadley's slide-love made me wonder if Hadley still took her paci at school so I asked. Imagine my SHOCK when the teacher said, "No…she hasn't used a paci since she came to our room (in January)."
Open mouth. Gaping. Shocked eyes. (look like a moron, I'm sure). WHAT!? I immediately decided that due to this little nugget of golden information, I'd push the issue at home. We decided this was going to happen in summer when we could sleep it off the next day(s).
Me: "Hadley!! You don't use your paci at nap time at school!?"
H: "No!"
Me: "Do you think we should make you a big girl at home too and put them away??"
H: thinks… "Yeah!"
Me: (ponders what I've just done) "ok!"
Rinse, repeat this conversation x2 with YES! each time…we were going for it.
Two "mommmmmmmmyyyyyyy"s later and a little extra time, she's sleeping. She hasn't fussed since. I'm hopeful for the overnight but we'll see. This could be exciting, folks. Hang in there and pray for us! If she can make it a week, she gets to pick out a new toy!
No comments:
Post a Comment