And it cost over twice what we'd planned. Joy. But no, really - JOY will be had by having this deck. I can't begin to tell you how excited we are to have a real-live deck as we've never had one. Our Iowa house didn't have a deck right off the kitchen and we pretty much never used the "patio" off the basement door.
It's going to be 14'x20' so it will be plenty big. I see us relaxing on the deck while the kids run around with their friends. I see us out there enjoying drinks with friends now and as we get older and I see many a meal had on the patio furniture we'll order once we get the deck in place (ask Adam to store one more thing in the garage he's still working on cleaning out? I'll take my chances on missing a sale on patio furniture.) ;-)
As soon as things dry out a little bit and the "spring" weather comes back, we're anticipating a deck in place in the next few weeks. We have a confirmation meeting to set it all in place on Wednesday after work as well as to pick out the exact composite material we want. I'm quite excited - one more outdoor space to add to our almost none at the moment!
In other news, I finally got confirmation that I'll be at MacArthur/Keller next year in the Green Bay School District. I was so very pleased as this was my first choice of 3 initially, 4 at the end. It's amazing how God works and knows which way to send you - initially I was quite upset about the entire thing but I've been shown that this is a huge opportunity to be even more in love with my work. I'm leaving behind good things which saddens me, but a new chapter means new, exciting things and I'm eager to share what I know/can do with this school. In addition, my second year means a gain in confidence, straight up knowledge of the WI system/paperwork, and growing as a professional in general. I'm so thankful I get to go do something I love (most days). ;-)
The girls are doing well. Adam traveled last week which proved to be VERY difficult with no yard for the dogs and being forced to walk them every time they needed to go out. Adding to the challenge was taking the tiny humans with me if I went down the block instead of just across the street (our neighbors are so kind - they said to come over and use their lawn whenever we needed - obviously we clean up messes - so I don't have to go far when I'm alone with the girls). The neighborhood had a fun snapshot of crazy as two dogs were pulling me down the sidewalk and I'm yelling at them to slow down and twogirls to keep up.
I'm tired. I'm so very tired but I can totally rock the next 8 weeks of school. More soon. Hopefully sooner than the gaping hole in time that was the last post to this post. :)
Yay for the deck and yay for getting your first choice of schools! Can't wait to see pictures of the new deck!
ReplyDelete