Thursday, January 19, 2012

Just Two.

There are two of us who started this family, Adam and I.

Morgan is "just two" years old (as she likes to respond when asked how old she is).

We have two dogs, Maddie and Jessie.

We call two states home - Iowa and Wisconsin (I don't know if the latter will ever go away as "home").

We have two vehicles, two jobs, two carseats for each girl, etc. The list goes on.

And now we've been blessed to have two girls. Two beautiful, healthy, thriving girls.

And you know what? I sort of can't believe it myself as I've always been on the fence for wanting 2 or 3 children, but I'm completely at peace with having two beautiful babies. I don't know if 3 is in the cards...actually, as of right now, I DON'T feel like three is in the cards for us unless God's plan says otherwise (hello, surprise baby! - which is what it would be. Sheesh, I'm not pregnant. You'd have to start calling me Mary). I don't feel that Hadley's current age/dependency is playing a huge role in this gut feeling even though I really really miss having more than 5-6 hours of sleep a night. :) That's a given. More so the fact that I'm super comfortable with having the two of them and feeling whole is what's driving this post. I've told Adam this countless times in the past week or two (which I'm sure means he's sick of hearing about it) but it's important to me to feel this way about this issue.

That said, in 3 years when Morgan starts kindergarten (what!?!? nuh uh, she's going to be a toddler forever! wait...maybe not.), I may get baby fever...but for right this minute, our family feels whole. I could be ok with this. Adam's always wanted two so he's good.

For now, I love you, twogirls, and I'm so thankful for you both. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment