I'm going to blame being a mommy of two for the complete and utter lack of posts lately. At night I'm tired or Adam's got the computer or there are a million other things needing to be done. Anywho, I think about the blog often and mean to...but alas, I haven't been as good about it. On to the good stuff. If there is still anyone out there reading it.
This past weekend, my bff Steph and her family came to visit from Green Bay, WI. We had a lovely weekend that included a rainbow shaving cream bath for the big girls, chat time (although never enough) for the biggest girls, and playing/trading iXL and iPod games for the medium sized girls. We all went to Iowa City for a little shopping, playing at the kid's place for the medium girls, and dinner on Saturday. It was a great weekend that of course went wayyy too fast. It's always good to see a bestie.
Morgan and I were consumed with Valentine's day preparation for the rest of Sunday. We made cut out heart sugar cookies Sunday after her nap and decorated them yesterday (of course there are pictures...argh, I'm so awful about these but it's hard to post them twice when they go on Facebook so easily...isn't there a way to share them too? Sigh).
*Hadley is being a nut about her nap right now and is really not napping but more just fake sleeping for about 5 minutes and then fussing. Her diaper is clean. Gah. Seriously cutting into my post time, kid.*
Ok, few hours later and getting back to this. Why don't we go by family member again for updates...? I suck at this. No I don't....I've just been busy and my mind is scattered at the moment. No reason. :)
Hadley
Oh, she's good. She's having less episodes although when she does have them they're a little more intense and sometimes one right after the other. Otherwise, they're further and further between and I'm hoping they just go away all together soon.
She could always use more tummy time. She loves to kick like a crazy person when laying down.
I've had her on her schedule of 3 hours for some time now but occasionally she goes 2.5 or 3.5 cycles.
The past few nights (maybe 5? maybe it just seems that long...) she's been getting up more than 1x/night again. NOT A FAN. Thankfully last night she only got up once and only for a very short feeding - she was done, as in asleep out cold, in 16 minutes. 18 minutes if you include the diaper change. Rinse, repeat, please, Hadley! :)
She's been really happy today. Super cute and laughing and smiling. (See video on Facebook)
Less than 2 weeks to go until she's one of "Mary's kids." This is very bittersweet for me as I know she's super loved and cared for there, but that means I'm back to work and not able to be home with my girls any time I want.
Morgan
She's a peach too. She's funny, imaginative, and talking about life and anything she can think of. She asks tons of questions and I honestly don't keep track in my head anymore about her MLU b/c it's so long - ongoing paragraphs of speech out of that kiddo.
Morgan's really into feelings/emotions right now. I find her frequently asking if I'm happy or mad (hate when she asks me if I'm mad at her b/c sometimes it's completely out of nowhere when I'm not even slightly crabby). She tells us such things as "I'm really proud of you, mommy." "You make me really really happy, Daddy" often. That makes me happy to know that she's hearing those words when we tell them to her and they make her feel good (otherwise why would she tell us the same things back?).
We went to get her fitted for her flower girl dress for Tommy and Carrie's wedding yesterday, just Morgan and I. It was awful outside (cold, windy, snow) but we had fun anyway! Turns out she will get a size 3T and need a size 8 shoe pending now crazy growth in the next while - we're waiting to order those though...She LOVED the dress and was sad when it was time to take it off (but did well, no tears even though she wanted it on that bad).
Ok, after all that it's a day later and I'm finally getting back to this post. I'm just going to put it up and go with something better later. Adam is last minute filling in as a sub for volleyball tonight so perhaps then? Or in 10 years when I have time again? :) Only a week and a half left of this maternity leave. I have a dentist appointment with myself and Morgan next week. I need to get my hair done as it hasn't been touched since just before Thanksgiving (yikes). Morgan might need to come along too as I've noticed some serious split ends going on and she's never had a hair cut in the first place. Just a trim - I love her hair long and until she asks otherwise, we're going to go with it (ye who suggests she gets it cut short and I hear it may suffer some serious consequences, just sayin') ;-)
Since Hadley's still sleeping (what?! she was fussing and fussing...tried laying her on her back for her nap since it's been a while since starting her meds and her reflux has been fairly nonexistent and it lasted a good 45 minutes before everything went downhill...so we're back in the car seat until further notice). Oh, there she goes. Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment