Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Like Don't Like

Thought this might be fun to try...how about a list of what everyone in our family likes and doesn't like at the moment? This will be highly interesting for the girls and completely boring for A&I so I don't know if I'll include us boring people...but here goes for the girls. ;)

Hadley Likes...

  • getting up 1x/night the past few nights. It was up to 2x/night for several in a row and I was getting pretty frustrated sad about it but we seem to be over yet another hump. Hopefully the next hump waits to come until Adam's home...
  • "TALKING" like a crazy baby. She goes back and forth with us including lots of smiles, coos, and goos. 
  • Her schedule. She seems to do well with it so we're sticking with it. Except for days when Mommy wants to go shopping in the QCs and then she gets to sleep for 2.5 hours straight. :) Her schedule will likely be very different once she goes to daycare but hopefully I've given her the tools she needs to keep a decent schedule for herself. 
  • Her reflux medicine. She is doing very well with it now and rarely has reflux except every 2nd or 3rd afternoon/evening but the doctor doubled her dose today after a call so hopefully that takes care of it completely. 
  • Her family. She likes watching all members walk past her, play with her, and be fuzzy near her (dogs). 
Hadley Doesn't Like...
  • Staying down for her nap when she wakes up in the middle of it or too early from it.
  • Morgan being superinherface even though it's completely out of pure sisterly love. 
  • Tummy time. Shoot. I'm way behind with making her do it b/c she screams so much while being forced on her tummy. Mary will fix her, I'm sure, just like she did for Morgan. ;-)
  • Reflux. (or "fluxing" as we've come to call it - we're super technical around here people.)
  • Her 10pm feeding. "Do NOT wake me up to feed me you selfish parents while I'M sleeping...I'd much rather wake you later TWICE while YOU are sleeping." ~Hadley

Morgan Likes...
  • Swimming lessons!! SO very much! Tonight marks her first session on Tuesday nights and they are at 5pm so this could get VERY interesting once work starts next week with a feeding thrown in there for Hadley. I think I'm just going to have to shift my work day 15 minutes earlier and then it shouldn't be too bad.
  • Her sister. Oh Morgan loves Hadley so much and tells us/her ALL the time. "I weewy weewy wove Howdie, Mommy." :)
  • Fruit snacks. She's still a fruit snack snob and will only eat Gerber ones...although the other night she ate spongebob fruit snacks from her Valentine goodies which SHOCKED me. I think it's time to reintroduce the cheapies...
  • Her daddy. And her mommy. Unless her mommy isn't complying with her wants/needs...then she loves her daddy more. And will freely say so.
  • The dentist! See following post for awesome details...
  • Her Highlights magazines. I ordered her a subscription as part of her Christmas presents hoping she'd grow into them and voila. The last week or two she's become more than attached to the three she's gotten so far and takes them all over. She loves the search and finds, same/different pictures, and movement poems in the back cover. It's crazy expensive but I'm really glad we got it for her - she just loves it.
  • Basketball. Morgan wants to play basketball at the Y after every swimming lesson and actually became incredibly sad when she couldn't last time (::mommy's heart breaking::). That said, I found a basketball hoop/ball at Walmart today for Adam to put together when he gets home. There you go - $35 basketball whenever she wants. :) 
  • Eating. This kid could eat constantly and her pants are STILL falling off her hiney. She was still 29lbs a few weeks ago at her doctor's appointment and was that also at her 2y/o appointment. She's definitely gotten taller so we'll be investing in more expensive pants for this one so they don't fall down (the kind with the button/stretch bands).
  • Pleasing us. If we have a "tone" with her at all, she usually stops what she's doing and asks if we're mad at her. I hate it that she does this (makes me feel guilty) but am glad to see that she's got an awareness of feelings and tones and that they mean different things (like quit doing that to your sister!!) :)
  • I could go on forever...so we'll just leave it at this unless I have to edit and add a few more. :) 
Morgan Doesn't Like...
  • Being told no. But then again I don't know what 2 y/o does. Today in the car I told her no for something and she (for the first time this travel week) told me, "I miss my daddy..." (while whining/fussing). Yeah, I bet you do but guess what, sweetheart? He won't give it to you either. 
  • Dunking her whole head under water voluntarily. :) We're working on it. 
  • I'm not sure what else she really doesn't like. She sure tells us when she doesn't like something, but nothing too concrete is sticking out at me right now.
Liss Likes...
  • Maternity leave. I still don't want to go back to work. I just like being at home. I love being with my girls (although if I were to ever be a FT SAHM, Morgan would only go to daycare 2-1/2 days per week. Or something like that). I'm not worried about Hadley going to daycare. She's going to do great there and has had a few 1-3 hour visits there when I have appointments or something that are not very baby friendly. She always sleeps AWESOME for her naps after. :) I just don't want to work. I'm sure that will change and the rest of the school year is shaping up to be pretty awesome for me so it won't be too long and boom. Summer. :) 
  • The nighttime schedule I have set up for the girls to get them both to bed with minimal chaos. This is only possible b/c Morgan is the very best toddler I could have hoped for and works well with me while I'm putting Hadley down first and then her. She's very patient when I have to tend to Hadley right in the middle of time with her.
  • When Adam's home. Duh. 
Liss Doesn't Like...
  • Going back to work. :) At least from this point of view. Likely it's the anticipation that's killing me now. Although I am eager to have my worker-bee friend relationships back to normal. I miss the pants off those people. :) 
  • Missing Adam. But it's a short week so woo!
  • Baby weight. This is giving me some huge anxiety. It's so weird b/c it all was falling off so fast and then it was like WALL. So dang if I can't get rid of these last 12ish pounds. I've started doing the 30 day shred workout daily but it's hard to manage what I'm eating b/c Hadley comes first and I want my supply to stay up for her. I remember mine tanking shortly after starting back to work and I really want to keep it up for the rest of the school year. I have no problem with supplementing this time around, but I'd rather not...if I can avoid it...
Adam Likes...
  • Being home with his girls. He's so good with them and we're eager for some alone time at dinner on Friday when Adam's parents watch the girls (they're staying overnight on their way to vacation - driving Route 66!). 
  • His new book. :) One Minute to Midnight. I'm terribly interested in reading it too...but am not sure I have the time for that specific one at the moment. 
  • Anticipating golf...sheesh.
  • He's smitten with the girls. Did I already mention that? :) 
Adam Doesn't Like...
  • Being away from us. That's a given. 
  • Our house. What's new.

I think that's it for now. That was fun and interesting. Maybe I'll have to try that again sometime. Life is good in the Schmidt house right now. Did I mention our Dave Ramsey budget plan has allowed us to pay off my car and a home equity loan this month? Thank you so much for teaching us how to make our money work FOR us! Yeah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment