Our teeny little baby is already FOUR months old. I don't know how this has happened as it seems like she joined the family yesterday and has at the same time been here as long as Morgan has. Her trip to the doctor for her well check went fine until it was shots time. She CRIED and cried like someone had ripped her arm off, hit her with it, and really really hurt her feelings. After a bit she calmed down and I think some of it had to do with her being very tired as it was past her nap time.
Her 4 month stats are as follows:
Height - 24", 38th percentile
Weight - 13.5oz, 42nd percentile
Head circumference - 41cm, 58th percentile
I compared her to Morgan's 4 month stats just to see if I was crazy in thinking that Hadley was "teeny" compared to Morgan and sure enough - Morgan was 3/4" longer and 1 whole pound heavier! Head circumference was 1cm bigger for Morgan too.
I tried taking bets with Adam to see who could guess Hadley's weight and be closest (b/c what!? we're competitive? Nah...;-) and sure enough he guessed it SPOT ON. Lucky guy. Good thing I didn't make any real bets. :)
So, since it's Hadley's day, here are some fun things she's up to (sorry for repeats from previous posts):
- She rolls! (well, rolled) She went from tummy to back at least 8x on Saturday and none since. Today we'll take it easy on her b/c of her 3 shots, but she's also starting to make some serious moves to go the other way (back to belly) as she enjoys digging in her heels and lifting her hiney in one direction or the other.
- Hadley reaches for everything. It's really cute watching her get her "concentration face" on which is exactly the same as Morgan's was at that age. Hadley gets SO excited when she's able to grip something and then bring it, of course, to her mouth for further exploration.
- She sleeps through the night without feeding. She does NOT sleep through the night without needing her paci stuck back in her face. After tonight (we need to be nice to her b/c of her shots today), she will be practicing not needing this so much. ;-) Mom and dad are tired.
- Hadley does not like getting her ears looked at or being hurt. I accidentally pinched her the other day while suctioning all the boogers...she cried and cried and cried....I'm sure it hurt but sheesh! There were a lot of tears. She also cried lots for shots today...but happily enough, her mommy didn't. I was pretty proud of how tough I was. :)
- Hadley's sleep schedule now follows (while at home; I realize her daycare schedule is different and I don't care as long as it works for them) - if she's up at 6:30am, she naps around 8:00/8:15. Feeds at 9:30/10:00 (depends on the nap length). She then takes a nap around lunch time, and another mid afternoon. The past few days she seems to be wanting to cut out her 15-20 min power nap around dinner time. Woo! More play time!
- Hadley's feeding schedule - at home (ie. weekends), Hadley gets 5 feedings per day, around 3 hours apart from each other. Daycare days, she gets 6 total feedings. Mary likes to feed her babies. :) She's supplemented for sure before bedtime (offered 4oz). Usually she's supplemented at her 4pm-ish feeding and offered 2oz of formula. Some days she's offered 2oz of formula after her 1pm feeding too, but that's occasional. Either way, when she's with me, she's always nursed first before formula.
- Sad item of note - yesterday marked the last day of my frozen stash for Hadley. :( I teared up quite a bit when Mary told me. Now she gets two BM bottles at daycare and a full formula bottle. I struggle with this as I could try to pump more, like before I go to bed, but I just don't have it in me most days. Since she's getting more than half of her intake as BM, I'm ok with it. Darn deficient tatas.
- Hadley's wearing some 3-6 month clothes but mostly 6 month clothes now and they fit well.
- We haven't started cereal yet. I plan to give it a go next week after we get back from traveling to WI this weekend for my cousin, Jess', wedding. Shall be interesting indeed. :)
- Hadley now enjoys tummy time. She still doesn't want to be there forever, but for now, she likes it and has a nice, strong neck to allow her to look around. She gets mad that she can't quite reach out and grab things as well when she's on her tummy.
- Morgan wore shoes WAY earlier than Hadley did. I just read back and when Morgan was wearing her penguin Robeez, she found her feet right away. Hadley has no clue she has feet yet. :)
- Hadley is starting to drool a little here and there...and then a whole bunch. :) Gotta love being upright more often.
We sure do love our little Hadley. She brings a smile to our faces with the cute things she does. Adorable story - yesterday, Morgan took Hadley's hands in her own and "helped" Hadley sing patty cake. By the end, Hadley had her HUGE grin on her face and was watching Morgan's every move/word. We are so very lucky and blessed to have such amazing little girls. Happy 4 months, Hadley!
Our cute little bunnies xoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment