- She's too big for the swaddles we have and I'm not buying more.
- We began weaning Morgan from her swaddle at this age so why not try it with Hadley now too?
- She sleeps/naps at Mary's swaddle-less so why not at home?
- One less thing to pack on WI trips.
So we got Hadley to bed on time (unlike last night. It's amazing how rough bedtime is if she's late getting there) tonight and I put her in her swaddle with her left arm free as the wind. She woke up a little more and had her eyes wide open when I left her room, but when I went back a little while later to get some leg warmers for Morgan, she was out cold with her fingers twitching a little. It's been almost 2 hours and nothing so I think she might do ok! I think it also helps that she's only needed ~1 paci plug per night this whole week. Hopefully this goes better than introduction of baby cereal...
Tonight we went to Applebee's for dinner and we were about half way through the restaurant on the way to our table when Morgan loudly proclaimed with a hand waving all over, "Hello, everybody!!" It was cute to see the smiles on the fellow diners' faces. I'm not going to lie - we laughed our entire way to the table.
Morgan has been waking up dry now for well over a week, maybe two weeks? She wet the bed one night b/c A) we miscommunicated and thought she had a diaper on but instead she had undies and B) we didn't get out of bed fast enough. She's in bed without a diaper tonight after lots of discussion about how she should wake us up and go herself if we don't make it there fast enough (meaning I want her to at least be getting out of bed by the time I'm running there in my sleep which is exactly how it goes).
Yesterday, I was privileged enough to be able to see Temple Grandin speak in the Quad Cities - for free! For those of you who don't know, she's a genius woman who also happens to have Asperger's (form of high functioning autism) with sensory issues (all of which is relatively well-controlled through a variety of ways). She has made some amazing gains in the cattle industry and has written several books. It was so neat to hear so many "how to"s (how do you write that plurally??) from her perspective and made me want to be even better for my kids at work. I've heard she will be part of an all day training this fall and I'm terribly eager to go. All in all, I'm leaving out tons of details but it was something I will never forget as long as I live. Amazing.
Otherwise things continue to go well in life in general. The girls are happy. We love them to pieces and pieces. Adam travels next week and then is on/off every other week for 6 weeks straight. Before I know it the school year will be over. Life is good right now. But that said, I'm exhausted. Adam needs help putting the furnace back together after he did some major work to fix the a/c (he's amazing). Happy weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment