(preface - I'm feeding Hadley and Morgan just started to get upset b/c I told her no, she couldn't watch TV but could instead play with all
Me: "You can play with your toys instead of TV."
Morgan: "NO!"
Me: "Sorry, that's your choice right now."
Morgan: "I be sassy Morgan!"
Me: "I don't think that's a good idea. Why don't you make a good choice and go play with your toys?"
Morgan: "No." POPS poor nursing Hadley right on the top of the head with her open palm.
Me: "And where do you think you should be headed right now? Time out for you, miss. We don't hit Hadley on the head."
Morgan: waaaaaaaaaa....sits in TO for a minute, comes back, calmed down when I tell her to
Me: "what do you tell Hadley?"
Morgan: ::sniffles:: "Sorry..."
Me: "for...?"
Morgan: ::sniffle:: "Hitting you ... on your ... fluffy head."
Me: ::almost dies laughing and has no idea how the hysterics didn't come out::
(preface - lying in bed talking about Jesus at bedtime)
Me: "You know, you can talk to Jesus all the time. You can tell him thank you for all the great things around you and that you get to do...and ask him for things too. That's a different way to say prayers to Jesus."
Morgan: ::thinks about it, we thank him for some great things in her life and ask him for help with her "sassy nose" (she has a cold again)::
we talk about a few other random things dealing with Jesus and then...
Morgan: "Jesus is so far away! How are we ever going to find him?"
I was glad to get to tell her that he's all around and yes, he will help keep the monsters away.
I am so blessed to have such an inquisitive, intelligent, and caring little girl. I can't wait to see what she has to say once she's been to Sunday school. ox
No comments:
Post a Comment