Wednesday, July 11, 2012

7 months old (also known as "Time Flies")

Yes, time flies. It flies so fast sometimes it makes my head spin and I know I'm not alone. We no longer have a tiny infant anymore but a full-fledged baby. (In my mind it goes newborn, infant, baby, toddler, giant toddler (Morgan), kid.) I don't exactly know when this happened but Hadley is growing and changing so fast and the speed of this summer is not helping (what?! it's already July!? I have to go back to work in a month from Friday!?) Anyway, in Hadley news...

  • She now sits for tens of minutes at a time. I still leave a pillow behind her and on her sides (if she's near a hard floor) but she RARELY uses them. That said, it's a little hilarious to see her get stuck momentarily when she does tip over on them. 
  • It's time to start in on the textures for real. She's struggled here but last night she didn't die when she ate part of a noodle and she's been working on dissolvable stars so here we go! Tonight at dinner, she actually loved her stars, chewed them, and seemed to be "getting it" lots better! She also tried raspberries in her oatmeal tonight...not so sure about that one.
  • Hadley continues to love standing. She is the best belly spinner I've ever seen. She can reach and reach and it's impressive where I sometimes find her in the shortest periods of time considering all she does is spins/rolls/reaches. 
  • Fine motor wise, I didn't know this until yesterday but she's able to pick up Cheerios-sized items with her finger tips. She's not 100% accurate, but not bad! 
  • She's talking up a storm. Ok, ok, not talking, per se, but she's using some variegated babbling and just making more "noise" in general. :) 
  • I'm taking her in tomorrow morning for a weight/height check so I'll post that in place of this point tomorrow. I'm sure there is more that I'm missing but it's that time of night where things are starting to get fuzzy and I should probably be in bed rather than considering having a smores bar. ;-)
Enjoy the pictures below. There are some random ones during various play times and then, of course, the monthly photo shoot (which is not easy anymore. Hadley is a master at sliding down and not taking pictures like a nice, holding still baby.)




I think Morgan's "mad eyes" are stinkin' hilarious and 
I laugh every time I see a picture of them. She's doing 
them on purpose here.


Silly sisters and their toes. Hadley, you are obsessed.


Sister giggles


Sister hugs. Hadley is so seriously in love with 
her sister and vice versa.


Giggled out.


Crime in progress!! I left her far away from the wipes box. She's obsessed with this box so she managed to get to it, open it, steal a wipe out (see evidence near right knee), close it, and try to escape before my return 92 seconds later.


First watermelon! 


7 months old! 07/10/12


Sliding down instead of sitting nicely...


Sisters (and toes, shocker) - 7 months and 33 months 


Attempt #692


Shall I lean forward for you, mom?


Sisters again


Playing patty cake on their sides


Hadley always has to check out what's in the fish bowl but isn't 
quite there yet for taking things out or putting things in.

No comments:

Post a Comment