Hi. It's me. Or the person I think is me. I know I haven't blogged much lately but I've been feeling out of sorts. I can't really pin point the one or two things it might/could be, but I just haven't felt like me lately. The past day or two have really improved my mood and I think it has lots to do with a GREAT day with the girls yesterday (that included story time at the library and a 2.5 hour nap for Hadley - unheard of), a nice-to-me scale the past few days, and some bits of organization going on around here. A dirty/messy/unorganized house can really get to me after a while. I know there's more to it but it's just not "stuff" I'm ready or willing to share with the world who might actually read this (sometimes I wonder? But either way this is one of my little "therapies" so onward!).
The girls are wonderful. Both woke up LATE today after sleeping through the whole night without bothering us for ANYthing. Hadley is growing like a weed and the new diapers we recently bought (snap BumGenius 4.0s) make me super happy with their bright colors and security (the velcro kind we have tend to get caught and come off if she wears nothing but a diaper). She sits and is almost to the point where she is relatively coordinated to go from a sit to her back/belly via her side. She can pick up small items (cheerios, puffs) but doesn't get them to her mouth yet. She is exploring her food options and really enjoyed a puffy cheeto at the library yesterday. She likes to stand tons and is a VERY happy morning baby. She talks like a crazy person and it's fun to listen to her (depending on the time, of course) over her monitor in the morning as she wakes up and talks to her hippo and the monkey/lion duo on her single bumper in her crib. To say the least, she's a joy to have around. She's wearing 9 month clothes with a few 12 month clothes thrown in there but of course, they're a little big. I want to buy her tons of clothes but she already has clothes she'll never wear (of Morgan's) so I hold off.
Morgan is equally as lovely. She is reasoning through things I wouldn't expect a 4 year old to think about. She's polite to others and is still learning how to gently take desired things from her sister instead of ripping them away (especially last night when Hadley would quietly (sneakily?) take her beloved Baby Jaguar while playing in Morgan's room...). She's wearing mostly 4T clothes and at Urgent Care last week she was 41.5" tall and 32lbs (with clothes/shoes on). She LOVES to move and is dancing/singing like crazy. She loves to jump off of things and the higher the better. She loves swimming and the water as long as she's in control and the water isn't falling on her (ie. a sprinkler). This can be hard b/c I KNOW she'll love something but she won't do it b/c she doesn't like falling water. Oh well. She'll figure it out sometime.
Ok, I was supposed to start cleaning and making kid-less phone calls 20 minutes ago among all sorts of other things so off I go. Pool is full and ready for our shenanigans after naps this afternoon! It's going to be another HOT one and even worse tomorrow...forecasting over 103 in sweet sweet Muscatine...
No comments:
Post a Comment