That said, there is another super extra very important special person who is not necessarily "family" as defined in the dictionary, but I'd also be equally as lost without her in my life. Sometimes a few weeks go by and we haven't chatted but then we do and all is right with the world again. It's amazing how she can bring me back to "zero" sometimes in a way that no one else can. Here are a few words to explain why Steph is my bff, my left hand (obviously, Adam is my right ;-), and like a sister to me:
- Loyal. I know she'd have my back at any time for anything even if she thought I was out of my mind (but if it was something she thought was a bad idea, she'd tell me, too, and it wouldn't be the worst thing I'd ever heard). Although if I were out of my mind in a fun way, she'd make it even more fun - I know. ;-)
- Caring. Steph is one of the most caring people I know. The other day, an envelope arrived in the mail and I knew it was from her by her handwriting before I even noticed the return address. Inside was a hilarious and ridiculous card and a gift card to Cold Stone (a place we could live at together if people weren't offended by two very fat people eating ice cream right out of the ice cream case while pushing the ice cream workers out of the way). Caring. We hadn't even talked for a few weeks and her timing was perfect.
- STRONG. She is one of the strongest people I know. Life has thrown her cupcakes and roses and thorns and she handles it all with a grace I don't know if I could have. I am in awe of her and her wisdom and ability to see the other side of things, good or bad, easy or difficult.
- Too far. I know that's two words, but she lives too far away from me. I'm so lucky though b/c almost every time I'm home (in WI), she makes the trip to where ever I am or coordinates somewhere to meet so I can see her and get our girlies together to play.
- Beautiful. She just is. Inside and out. And I'm a little jealous of her flat tummy so quickly post baby. ;-)
- Teacher. Steph is a middle school teacher but also wears tons of different hats at her school and rocks them all. She's on of those teachers who you wish could follow your child every year in school b/c you KNOW they'd get a damn good education no matter what the state or district throws at them (32+ kids in a class, mostly boys, that sort of thing).
- Cry. Oh how I love that we can have a good cry together over anything. Sappy commercials are not off the table either. Oh, and I liked how last summer we got to whale it up together for a few days while Steph's baby tried crawling out of her belly button and mine just did flips.
- Best friend. (yeah, yeah, two words.) There are so many more words that describe Steph, but I might be writing forever and let's face it. I should really be a parent at some point when the girls wake up from their naps. So thanks, Steph, for being you and who you are for me. I am so thankful that my path led me to UWSP for school not only to find my husband, but my other partner in crime for life, YOU! :)
This is us at my baby shower for Morgan, summer 2009.
I think I need to get an updated picture of the two of us!! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment