Saturday, October 13, 2012

Crafty!

Oh, folks, it's gettin' crafty up in here. I'm so very excited, too, b/c I don't pride myself on my abilities to create art or anything of beautiful nature unless it's got stencils or a very specific detailed list of how to do it. That said, Pinterest strikes again and to go along with the revamped bathroom, I thought I'd try this piece of art (although it's weird for me to call it that, as that implies that I can actually do such things as paint or do be artistic) and I'm pleased as punch with how it's turned out!

First, I spray painted the canvas with a slightly less white spray paint. Fail. It's still rather white but it will have to do b/c I'm not wasting another $5 on a can of Rustoleum.

Then I took my brown paint pen and drew branches all over the place. And then I added a few more branches b/c that's how I roll.


Talented me took out my paper plates and then blobbed paint all over. After a while, I ran out of clean, round sponges on sticks so I cleaned them and waited until the next day to do more. (I can't get my pic for this to upload, argh!)

I bought two more colors b/c 3 colors and then mixing them for a 4th color wasn't going to do the entire trick. The orange and yellow are specifically "Morgan approved." (can't get this one uploaded either!)

Then it got late and I could feel my creative juices flowing out my toes so I finished up the next night after all the chaos had calmed and I went to my happy place.

Art de Liss

After another day to dry (it doesn't take that long but who can hang a picture at 11am on a weekday at home?), put some picture wire on the back, and VOILA! I am an artist (said with a pinky in the air as I sip my wine). I'm pretty proud of myself and see some fun Christmas presents in the near future. (go me)


No comments:

Post a Comment