Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hadley is 10 months

Seriously I swear on my favorite pair of heels (ha, I don't have the right job for heels) so I guess I'll swear on my ... phone (I couldn't live without that) I just wrote this subject heading with a 9 in it. Like yesterday. It's ok though, b/c Hadley's even MORE fun than she was 10 minutes ago much less a month ago and is at a GREAT age right now. And some highlights (because that's how we roll)


  • She's big but not like her sister. Her stats at her 9 month well check (late 9 month wc) at the end of last month included her being 27.5 inches long (38th percentile - she's shrinking!) and 19#; 14oz (---) percentile.
  • She's fully in 12 month clothes and they fit comfortably.
  • This past weekend she became a full-on signer. Not only that, she's communicating so much more and in various ways - she's almost constantly talking/babbling (unless she's taking in her sister's shenanigans in which case she quietly takes notes oh my) and began reaching for things and looking back and forth between item and one of us. And I SWEAR she says "hi" sometimes. Swear it. Adam can back me up on that one. 
  • She waves all the time and loves herself in the mirror. 
  • Favorite toys include but are not limited to: BALLS, babies that "cry", touch 'n feel books, and anything that makes noise or looks new and interesting.
  • Hadley officially has 6 teeth, 4 of which she cut in the last 18 days or so. The first two were horrid and then it was smooth sailing.
  • As of this afternoon, Hadley has figured out how to climb a few stairs at a time. Poor Morgan. The landing (up two steps from the main floor) is no longer a safe place to play with big girl toys (ie. sensory bin, small items).
  • She's at such a fun age. Today she imitated the funny sounds I was making. She loves to clap and is that kid who freaks out when a large crowd claps but then claps 10 seconds after everyone has stopped. :) 
  • Hadley is now a FAST crawler. She will realize everyone has left the room for one reason or another and will appear in the bathroom/bedroom/kitchen in a few seconds. 
  • I could go on and on but I can sum it up pretty easily by saying that Hadley is an absolute joy. She's a great baby and I can't believe we're only two months away from her being a toddler. Oh, that reminds me, she pulls up on everything, lets go with one hand, and occasionally lets go with the other for a millisecond before realizing she's not balanced. No walking yet. We'll just stick to stair climbing for the time being. We love you, Hadley! Happy 10 months on 10/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment