Monday, December 10, 2012

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY, HADLEY!

Say WHAT?! Our baby is ONE?! Oh Hadley, what a great year it has been and how complete you makes our family. We had a great night and went out to Applebee's so I didn't have to cook to celebrate. Highlights and pictures (oh no! no pictures yet - apparently I'm over my picture quota and need to figure it out before I can post anymore. DANG) to commence. You're such a joy to our family and we love you to pieces and pieces!

  • She's a walker. She's maybe even a week or two ahead of where Morgan was at 1 year. Either way, it's a FAVORITE thing of hers to do and if there are two adults in the room, she wants to walk from one to the other 10,000x.
  • Hadley is a hot/cold eater. Some weeks she eats like a champ. Others, it's a battle for a week. She's struggling to figure out that it's OK to drink milk from a sippy and she's almost 100% switched over to whole milk. We're just finishing up whatever open formula we have left with 2oz mixed with whatever sized bottle she needs for that bottle. 
  • Speaking of bottle, again, we're ready to transition her and she's going to work on it at daycare, but hopefully she'll be done with bottles by the time we leave for WI next Friday. I am SO OVER washing bottles and just dealing with them in general. That said, what a huge step away from being my baby if she's not taking bottles... :-/
  • Her 1 year well check is tomorrow afternoon so I'll be sure to post her stats then. I'm guessing she's around 22-23lbs, and no idea on height - shorter than Morgan at 1 year - for sure. Head circumference? Huge, I'm sure. 
  • Hadley. LOVES. Babies. She is almost constantly playing with and hugging on one and is just very lovey in general. She's perfected a GREAT hug for a kid her age and I never pass one up if she's dishing them out. 
  • She's so pretty!! Everyone's baby is perfect/pretty/etc...but Hadley is so pretty. I just love her face.
  • She doesn't say too many words reliably yet but I'm pretty sure she can say hi and dada, but definitely signs the following: go, waves hi/bye, more, please, all done, ball. And babbles like a crazy person. And has been enjoying making /sh/ and /s/ noises imitatively all over the place. And yelling and talking....whenever her sister isn't getting a word in edgewise. 
  • Speaking of balls, Hadley LOVES balls as well. Good thing her daddy found her some for her birthday...in case there weren't enough around here already. ;-D
  • Her birthday party with family will be next Saturday when we're back in WI for the holidays. We're having it right away before Christmas so hopefully there's a little separation...
  • Hadley's done really well with new sitters lately. Woo! Either we're in a lull between stranger danger phases or she's done! I'm going to guess lull...but this time it really helps having Morgan around - she's always got a friend!
I'll think on it and see if I have more and if I can get more storage for pictures without paying. I'm exhausted (which stinks b/c we slept AWESOME last night) so who knows. We're just so thankful for these girls and our baby one who I am not ready to admit is now.......a toddler. Happy 1st birthday, sweet pea!

No comments:

Post a Comment