Monday, March 11, 2013

Al....most.....there

*Ooops* - I meant to post this last week, worked on it, then forgot to actually POST it. Think of this as last Thursday night. :) Carry on.

I don't know about you guys, but this is the longest week ever. I thought it would be great being off Wednesday with the girls and it was, but then there was a snow day on Tuesday and while that was equally a great day, I think the total blow up of the routine for two days has made this week take 10 years. It's not been a bad week - let me make that clear. We've had tons of fun doing things we don't always get to do. But long. Looooooooooooooong.

The girls have been good. Really good. Morgan was doing better on following directions on the 1st or 2nd try and not finding anything shiny, more fun, distracting, ignoring, not answering, piddling around, or generally making me crazy having to tell her something 5x and then this morning happened. It literally took her THREE MINUTES to take off her undies. Lying on the floor, rolling around, anything to take forever. Finally I lost it and had to raise my voice. Not my favorite b/c we both end up feeling like shit. Mission accomplished. We talked about it and while 3 minutes doesn't seem like a long time, imagine 3 minutes for each item of clothing (that was the track she was on) and it will take her 27 minutes to get all items of clothing off (3) and then on/dressed (6). I don't have that kind of time when I have to practically wake her with a jackhammer and late b/c I feel bad having to wake her. That all said, she'll be up at 5:59am on Saturday morning b/c both I and her dad will be exhausted from this week.

Outside of the 27 minute dressing issue this morning, Morgan has been wonderful. She's been helpful and kind and just fun to be around. Hadley has been hilarious as usual and her piggies are at a stage of adorable that should only be reserved to help cheer you up after a horrid _____ (insert your favorite awful thing here). Hadley's FIFTEEN months on Sunday. I sort of can't believe that, too. She's "talking" up a storm and I can't wait for Adam to get home tomorrow (pending good/on time flights! C'mon!) in time to hear all the new things she's starting to sound out/say. I'm going to try to save some of it up for a decent 15 month post next week after her well-check on Tuesday.

That said, I'm super excited about next week b/c I'm off T/TH/F for Spring Break. I don't have plans in stone yet but since Hadley's working on outing her morning nap (I think), I'm going to try to plan some awesome sauce fun for us that may include such "summery things" as toddler time at the library, swimming at the Y (with a PLAN this time or SOMEthing so I can get dressed with modesty), and maybe a trip to the Children's Museum to spend money and run around with less than a small city's worth of parents/kids while mine go bonkers with the best of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment