Hadley's 15 month stats:
Height - 31" (69th %ile) (and only a 1/2" behind her sis - we were expecting her to be shorter)
Weight - 21# 9oz (27th %ile) (teeny little thing but right on the growth chart)
Head Circumference - 46.5 cm (69th %ile) (I can't believe one of my kids' heads is not the front runner for biggest percentile...)
What is this kid NOT up to? She's learning by leaps and bounds and you can just see it in her eyes/actions that she KNOWS what's going on and soaking it up every waking minute. This stage was fun with Morgan but it's even MORE fun with Hadley b/c Morgan is either making her laugh/do funny things or cracking up along with us when Hadley is showing off her antics which makes it that much more funny.
Hadley Highlights
- Big deal!! Alert!! Hadley is excited about potty training and yesterday (Sunday), she went no less than 7x on the potty. She no longer plays while sitting there unless she had just (very recently) gone in her diaper and we missed it. We're nowhere near rushing her to the bathroom at restaurants or pull ups yet (I'm still that lazy and she's not ready) but wow, we're on our way. I was planning to wait for this until summer but if she wants to now...I'm not saying no!
- Every day she's starting to say more and more. Tonight we were talking to Grandma Susie for her birthday and Hadley said, "amma!" which is way closer than anything she's said for grandma. She says sounds if she hears them in words (ie. Shhhh = shoe(s), Mmmm = Morgan) and says moo if she hears it in any word (ie. moo/cow, smooth, etc).
- She understands TONS. Today at her doctor appt, the Dr asked if Hadley could walk backwards. I had no idea. I told her, "Hadley, back up" and she walked backwards. I guess she's getting more than I thought. Awesomesauce.
- Hadley goes up and down stairs alone, on her hands/knees both way. Still heavily supervised. Sometimes she thinks her belly also qualifies as an acceptable way to descend stairs.
- She LOVESLOVESLOVES babies, play and real, and is often carrying one (or two) around. If we're upstairs playing, chances are high that Hadley will go straight to her Disney Princess Castle and play there first.
- Hadley is one of the best huggers out there. If she gets hurt or doesn't like something, she comes huggin'.
- BOOK.WORM. = Hadley. This kid will sit for books until I can't see straight as long as they're her favorites (ie. I love you Stinky Face, Goodnight Moon, Five Little Ducklings, Llama Llama books, books she can touch/feel, That's not my ____ (Usborne books), Brown Bear Brown Bear...the list goes on and I absolutely love sitting down with twogirls and reading to them). Last night, Adam sat with the girls in Hadley's rocker and read to them. Morgan declared she was going to read Goodnight Moon to Hadley and then did. Word for word (and by read, obviously we meant "read" from memory). It almost made me cry, it was so sweet.
- Hadley is a big girl and has a pillow in her crib (since about 3 days ago). She keeps her head on it and sometimes doesn't use it but for the most part, she seems to like it. Woo! It's a scary transition for me when they go TO the pillow...but she's good!
- Hadley is a good "singer." The word singer can be used synonymously with yell-singing, holler-singing, and general-cuteness. She loves singing/music very much and will sing in the car, church, anywhere. She is very aware when others start singing and joins in quickly.
- Our Hadley is not perfect (I know, I can't believe it either). We just recently switched her to a hard-top sippy b/c she made too much of a mess with the soft/flexible ones when she would pinch it upside down. The day after we made her switch, boy did she SCREAM and throw a fit when I gave her the "new" one instead. She's "big" now and is handling it just fine. Woo! Also, that girl can throw a fit with the best of them when necessary. She doesn't stomp her foot/feet like Morgan did at this age, but she can arch her back and become a crazy wet noodle of fuss. She's starting to understand more that if she stops and listens, she will have choices and likely get something that she wants.
Needless to say, we are so very lucky to have this little lady in our lives. She completes us and is growing faster than we could imagine. We love you, Hadley! oxoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment