Tuesday, March 12, 2013

And Morgan grew up.

Today was a busy day. Hadley had her well-check appointment (refer to previous post), then Morgan and I went to the dentist after a quick stop at Walmart, lunch date with Adam after picking up my car from an oil change, pick up Hadley and naps for the girls, and then it was time for Morgan's haircut. I was fed up with it this past weekend when Morgan was crying and I was being 100x gentler with her hair than my mom was with mine while trying to get syrup and toothpaste out of her freshly clean hair. I declared we were getting her hair cut this week and she fully agreed. Actually, she'd asked for shorter hair in the past few weeks so it was trigger time.

Fast forward back to today and bam! Haircut time. While we were there and Morgan was settled, I went to follow Hadley all over the place while Morgan talked Brandy's ear off (my stylist). I saw a coworker and talked to her for a bit and when I turned around, my little 3 y/o little girl (who's technically not even 3 1/2 yet) had turned into a 6 year old. She had at least 4" cut off (like I had told Brandy to do) and she looked great. She looked much older and it was adorable and heartbreaking all at the same time. I tried not to but I cried a bit and knew then why my mom cried when I got my first major haircut (I was much older than Morgan for that one). You'll have to look on Facebook b/c I still haven't figured out pictures on here (gah, I'm so old). Oh and I'm waiting to post pictures until after WI maybe...it will be a fun surprise for her.

So just like that we have a little big girl lady in the house. We had such a big day. They are getting so big and it almost makes me sick how fast this is going. I'm going to blink and be 50, I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment