Monday, July 29, 2013

I should probably post at least twice in July...

You guys NO LIE. This summer is flying by and I'm starting to get cranky. What?! Cranky? She gets weeks off (minus a few hours here and there for work but it's almost negligible) and she's cranky? Loser.

Ok, Ok, I hear you but yes! I'm cranky! (and changing my attitude, mind you) I'm frustrated b/c this is the best summer yet with the girls and I don't want it to end. I don't want to do everything full time again. I want to do motherhood FT and work part time. And by part time, I mean like one day a week. Maybe 2. Who are we kidding...one. Just one. I'm loving summer that much.

The girls are great. I can't believe Hadley's already 19 months old and if I was a good plan-ny mom, I'd be considering things for Morgan's FOURTH (omg) birthday coming up in 2.5 short months. But that would mean it's October and I'd be two months into school already. It would be getting cold out. I'm not ready for that either.

I want it to be summer b/c I don't feel like we've had ENOUGH fun. We've had tons! But I want more. MORE. Different kinds. All the time. It's been a month since Morgan's dinosaur camp and we still haven't been to the Children's Museum I promised her weeks ago. (aaannnndddd now we're going this week - let me know if you want to meet us there!) I STILL haven't taken them to the aquatic center in town. We haven't had NEARLY enough play dates. Or picnics. Oh my, this week just got crazy busier. Good thing we have the next two sets of Mon/Tues off, too, or I'd be really sad.

End of Summer Bucket List (b/c I'm too lazy to go get real paper/pen):

  • Children's Museum
  • Aquatic Center
  • At least 3 different play dates (or 5)
  • Paint beads and rocks outside
  • Feed the ducks again
  • Niabi Zoo! One more time!! Train ride too!
Ok, we're going to start with that. With 8 days off (not including weekends) remaining, we have our work cut out for us now. 

In other news, Insanity is going well. We have finished up Week 5 and are starting Week 6 tomorrow. I'm a little nervous - we start a new part of the program and the workouts get a huge step up more intense. And a bit longer. And while I feel awesome, feel like I finally LOOK a little awesome, it's a little daunting to think about this superhardsweatfest getting MORE all of that. I'm looking forward to it - I like the changes I'm seeing and while it's not always transferring to the scale, it's transferring to the mirror which is important too.

Speaking of ... it was our Day Off from Insanity today so I planned to actually USE this day off and not work out (unlike the past few days off when I ran). I told the girls we'd take them to the riverfront for a bike ride/walk and then time at the park there (our usual RF routine). We start walking and all of a sudden every other member of this family decided HA HA HA we are running this one, lady. Dang. Even though it was a very LEISURELY (slow) run, I count it as my reason to have ice cream smothered in homemade fudge (thank you, Adam) with a tiny brownie bite hiding underneath. Winning.

We had a garage sale this past weekend and had major success. We also went to WI for Tatum, Talia, and Teegan's group birthday party so I was lucky enough that Julie (who also had stuff in the sale) agreed to watch it Saturday for us. SO THANKFUL!! Gushing with thankfulness. For real. Or we never would have gotten this done this summer. We simply ran out of weekends. We made a fair amount, sent stuff to Goodwill, and are so glad to get stuff out of our house. We ARE the anti-hoarders. We don't like "stuff" lying around. We don't appreciate clutter (girl toys/items everywhere don't count). I consider it a win that only two of their toys made it back in the house. 

Adam is doing well even though his hip is really hurting him more often now (I can't help but think Insanity is not helping...) and he's likely going to have the MRI and potential scope done this fall. You know, after golf season. Geez...

But now there's ice cream calling my name and I have to go. I heart ice cream especially when I feel entitled to it. Add to the list - eat mac n cheese and hot dogs at least twice for lunch with the girls. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment