That said, I HAD to make a list of my favorites of this summer. There are SO many. Sorry if you get bored. I just loved this summer and so in no particular order, this is why Summer 2013 was superawesomeomggreat.
- I loved holding Hadley on my hip, picking mulberries, and shoving them in her fat baby cheeks while Morgan picked hers from the lowest branches she could find. I know that next summer those Hadley cheeks will be at knee/leg level and not eye level b/c she will be too big to hold that way for long so we've soaked up tons of mulberry eating time already with more to come.
- Our Minnesota vacation was fantastic. And cheap, b/c all the girls wanted to do was go to the (free) beach. And they had their first pontoon boat ride (which was a huge hit). And we got to see Trav & Tab and the girls on our way home. All around awesome.
- We've had fun hanging out at home. We've spent more time in the driveway riding bikes, coloring it, and making general ruckus than ever before.
- The weather has been nothing short of amazing this summer. There was MAYBE a handful of times it was actually too hot to go outside but otherwise, we were outside at least a half hour (usually MUCH more) every day.
- The Week* in WI was so very fun. The girls were very much worn out by the time it was time to go home and needed a few days to recoup once there, but it was worth all the time in the car (over 900 miles!! 5 days!! Woah!!). We got to see everyone we wanted and had a fantastic time, as usual. WI = joy. Every time.
- Morgan's activities - swimming, soccer, dinosaur camp. All these things helped her grow as a child and develop even more and she's constantly thinking harder and smarter. She's starting to read words here and there which is very exciting for us. She can sound out simple words and is learning some of the trickier things as we get to new words (like chair is not k-hair). June was overwhelming with all of her activities, but also awesome. It's going to be fun to coordinate everything when they're BOTH busy with this stuff!
I'm going to add more to this list soon, but I have a few things to do while the girls boycott the afternoon nap on the 3rd last day we're all home. Silly monkeys. Poor daddy has them tonight while I have a hair appointment! :-) Good thing they're going to a pool party at the aquatic center to keep them busy.
*by week, I mean 5 solid, gogogo days which included part of a weekend. not our usual Mon-Sun kind of week in summer
No comments:
Post a Comment