You know that Adam Sandler song, The Chanukah Song where he talks about 8 crazy nights? I feel like that's been my life x100 (still Morgan's favorite number) the past 8 days.
9 days ago we found out we could move to WI.
8.75 days ago we found out we were going MUCH FASTER than anticipated after receiving my job offer and me accepting.
8 days ago we really started in on the house and haven't stopped since. Updates we'd been talking about taking a year (or less) to do happened in a week.
And tomorrow our "blue house" (as Morgan so affectionately calls it) is going on the market. I can't tell you the anxiety I'm feeling about this, as I'm terrified it won't sell much in the same way it didn't last time we tried this. Last time was for fun. Last time was "because we wanted to."
This time, we HAVE to. We have a new life waiting for us and it's not going anywhere. It's coming at us fast. And while I'm so very eager and excited and THANKFUL to be staying with Adam's folks, I worry that we will be a burden on them and that the longer this goes, the longer we might eventually make things awful. Two dogs and two young kids makes for a fast-paced life which is good for weekends...but not so sure they know what's coming with weeks (and maybe - but hopefully not - months). We are so blessed to have this opportunity with them...we just worry.
We're worried about day care and PreK for the girls but those questions will be answered hopefully after tomorrow's craziness of visits all morning long (and maybe afternoon....tbd). I know they'll adjust and be ok. Thankfully Morgan is old enough to tell us if things aren't going well and Hadley is getting there slowly but surely.
But the house. I'm nervous for the house. We have several in the DePere/Howard-Suamico area we love (via online pics/stats). We would love to avoid 2 mortgages at all costs. We know God has a plan which has been evident by the past 9 days falling into place the way they have after waiting for over a year for this moment in our lives to come. I just wish he could share it a little early sometimes...
So that said, anyone in the Muscatine area who knows of someone looking for a good deal on a great home in a fabulous neighborhood, please send them our way! Wait until TOMORROW (Friday) to have them look online for the house but it's in the Rolling Acres Subdivision (just north off of Hwy 38). It will be listed with Sara Carlson through Ruhl & Ruhl. Thanks in advance and prayers for a fast home sale are more than welcome!
No comments:
Post a Comment