Monday, August 26, 2013

Moving Update

Well, that was an exhausting weekend to say the very least. Adam and I are actually SORE from the not sitting and the work like crazy and the praying so hard and the being so thankful that God put Al and Sherri in our house this weekend (planned in July) to take such good care of our girls while we were worker-bees and not so much parent-bees.

Here's some new info about the WI side of things:
  • I finally have an assignment! Lincoln Elementary in Green Bay. Just one school. I can't even begin to understand this, as I am currently in 4 buildings across 3 districts on a weekly basis. I'm eager to see what it's like serving one building although sometimes it's not the worst thing traveling between schools (like when it's sunny and 75). 
  • I finally have a start date! My last day at the AEA is Friday, Sept. 6th. I start promptly at Green Bay on Monday, Sept. 9th. Life isn't fun unless it's a little crazy, right? I'm ready and eager to begin.
  • We are staying with Al & Sherri (my in-laws) immediately upon arriving to WI. We are going back this weekend (Labor Day Weekend) to check into preschools, day cares, and see a few houses we've been scoping out online. We will come back Labor Day, we'll work til the end of the week, and then back to WI Friday when Adam is done with work. He's checking into his details, but we're pretty sure that's it. We'll officially be Wisconsinites again (well, until our vehicle registrations are due in winter...until then we'll look like tourists). 
  • Praise the Lord we're staying with SOMEone in the next month, as Adam travels 3/4 weeks in Sept/Oct. Yikes. That's a lot of time but it's been coming as he hasn't traveled as much lately. 
  • Morgan is taking the news slowly. She didn't get too upset when we told her, but the first thing she said was, "But I love this blue house." That was hard for us but we talked through it and encouraged her to talk to us about it ANY time, which she has. Once in a while she brought it up over the weekend and we were open and honest with her that we are a little scared, too, but it's going to be a really good thing overall. I'm working on not getting to specific and wordy with her. We told her she gets to "pick" her bedroom at the new house. This was a fun conversation, as Adam immediately piped up that she can't pick OUR bedroom...which was then the only one she wanted. ;-) We'll be involving her on decisions as we can and have let her know that. 
  • We told Mary on Friday. I cried. It was hard. But then Mary said that she has family in Appleton (I'd forgotten or hadn't put two:two together or whatever) and she said that she would love to meet us there whenever she comes to visit. That will help the girls, I think. I'm worried about finding a day care that has someone Hadley's age. Morgan will at least have preschool friends her age...must stop worrying until we know specifics...
 The House in Iowa:
  • OMGosh we made great headway this weekend. This would never have happened without A&S being here. We're exhausted and sore but I'd say we're probably 80% done with what needs to be done and praise the Lord for an early out today due to heat at my air condition-less school, as I'm heading home to work on things a bit before picking up the girls. 
  • Wednesday, our realtor is coming to review the house for staging and finalize numbers. Thursday she is coming with a photographer for pictures, and the house gets listed Friday. Hopefully prongs of people are doing the exact same thing we are and will see the house in time to check it out all.weekend.long.
 Until next time, please continue to pray for sanity (it's working! thank you! it's not been as bad as it could be!), energy, and fast potential buyers who don't know they are potential buyers yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment