Tuesday, November 5, 2013

ListS

Those of you who meet me figure out within about 2 minutes that I'm:

  1. Type A. 
  2. Mild/Moderate OCD.
  3. in LOVE with LISTS.
  4. Oh yeah, I adore my family. 
So back to #3...The number of lists that are currently sitting at home waiting for me is almost obscene. (why did she underline at home? what a weirdo...)

Not a weirdo. If they were with me at work all day, do you think I'd get anything done? Anything? I *might* see my students but outside of that? Nothing. I'd be so excited to work on my lists, reorganize them (especially after the HUBS gets ahold of them and "adds" to them in his different colored pen and boyish handwriting), and then wait until the minute I get to go accomplish them that I'd be one of the worst employees ever. 

So they sit at home, waiting, while I'm hoping that my DH leaves them alone until I can get my grubby mitts back on them again and ignore whatever else is going on around me as I work on them while researching things to do with my lists online. 

Right now (outside of my ever-running work lists that stay at work), I have lists for:
  • What do we need from Iowa to effectively run a household? (organized by room, with *s for cross-referencing things that don't "live" in the correct room in Iowa - like all my kitchen stuff that's stored in the basement)
  • What can stay in Iowa (all pending no house sale, mind you) until we get down again late January?
  • What can be stored in cold weather? What goes in the enclosed trailer(s)? What can ride in the back of a pick up truck?
  • CHRISTMAS LISTS!!! What our kids want, what other people's kids want, ideas for other family members, what's been actually purchased already...these are my favorite. Oh wait, all of them are my favorite. But Christmas has a shiny gold star just for me. 
  • Before signing on the new house list/schedule
  • Day of and after signing on the new house schedule to when we are actual DEPERE residents
And you know what? It made my heart happy and my brain calm to make the list of my lists. Fellow SLPs and several other friends reading this can relate - you know who you are - and you are nodding your head reading this. You are my people. 

Onward with the day and tackling my lists because lists weren't made to sit there. They were made to have each item crossed off, one by one, in a certain way with a certain pen, and even for a few things to be added that I accomplished just so I can immediately cross them off. I love lists. The end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment