- We are thankful for our sweet baby girl and our journey to get her here safely. We are also thankful that I was healthy and birth and delivery was a huge success.
- We are thankful for Morgan's smooth transition to sleeping in her crib last night and the fact that she's been pretty predictable at night.
- We are thankful for Morgan only getting up once the past two nights. Ok, I'M thankful for that since I'm the one feeding her. Adam's equipment doesn't work. ;-)
- We are thankful for our jobs in this time of economic strain.
- We are thankful for our family and friends and their health and happiness.
So the crib transition...yesterday (Wed.) I decided we were going to stay home and not run any errands during Morgan's afternoon nap in an effort to work on her crib transition since A) it's time for her to be a big girl in her own room and B) It was getting to be a tight squeeze in her bassinet as she easily wiggled her way to the "bottom" during the night and then started wiggling like crazy in her sleep b/c her feet were touching the side of the bassinet. Poor little thing couldn't help having the wiggles b/c it's reflex for babies her age to push their feet against whatever they come into contact with. So anyway, I put her in her crib when I thought she was ready for a nap and all went well...for about 8 minutes. Then she was up crying and really, it was time for her to nurse so being the genius that I am, I nursed her in her room so she could start to get used to it. I made the transition of all her "sleepy" things into her room (ie. radio on static for white noise, humidifier on, etc) and after nursing, I put her in her crib with her head toward a corner so it felt smaller than it was (more bassinet-like). I tiptoed out of her room with lots of prayers for it to work...and it did! For 34 minutes!! So I went upstairs, put her nuk back in her mouth, and she was out again! She slept for about 50 minutes and woke up again. By then she could nurse again (she goes every other hour most times during waking hours) and I did so and put her back down since she was still very sleepy. Then Adam got home early from work and I ran some errands. She continued to sleep and did VERY well. I had full confidence that she'd be a champ in her crib last night. Adam set up her space heater (brilliant recommendation from friends so we could keep her room warm enough and we could turn down the thermostat) and we were ready. We went to visit friends last night but she was rather fussy (gas?) so we didn't last long there. We got home and got her ready for bed (jammies, diaper change, swaddle, nurse) and she went down...almost. Suddenly she had eyes WIDE open and we called for Daddy to take a turn since it's rather isolated up in the nursery. He got her to sleep in no time and we headed to bed...praying. Sure enough, she started making noises around 12:30 so I went upstairs to nurse...except the little monkey was doing her fake fussy baby trick where she fusses and by the time you get to her, she's out COLD and acting like she totally faked you out. So I went back downstairs to bed to wait. About 45 minutes later she was up for real so I went up and nursed her. Turns out that reading this new book that Susie left ("A Friend like Henry" - HIGHLY recommended!! About an autistic boy who gets a dog and opens his world big time) makes nursing go a million times faster so that was great. Morgan nursed a long time (almost an hour including a diaper change) and then decided to wake up. Fully. So again we employed Daddy (since he's not working today) to finish the job and put her to sleep so I could get some since I'd been up for over an hour already. Again, he was a champ and I got to sleep a little extra. Next thing I know it's 6:45am and she's just starting to make noises again. I'd consider that up once last night (bed at 9:15, up at 1:30/2am, and up at 6:45-7am? Yup!). I'd say the crib transition is a success at this point...hopefully it will keep going. I'm pretty confident. :)
Ok, I have to go brush my teeth now. Happy Thanksgiving!! SO THANKFUL!!
PS. As promised, pictures of Morgan in her Bum Genius diapers. She has all the colors but these are the ones I took while I was remembering to actually take a picture...or when she wasn't crying. :) Can you guess which parent put on which diaper? :) Just kidding...



No comments:
Post a Comment