Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Gassy little baby

Poor Morgan. She's got so much air in her little body I think she's going to explode. :-/ Mary called me at work today just after 1pm to report that Morgan had NOT eaten more than 1 oz of milk the whole day. What?!? Where is my hungry little monkey? That's not my kid...so anyway, she asked if Morgan could have some Tylenol b/c she was so upset and feeling icky every time Mary presented her with the bottle and I told her go for it. By the time I got to Mary's to pick her up, Morgan had eaten 1.5 bottles, or around 6 ounces. This is about half of what she normally eats on a 3 bottle day; occasionally she'll be ready to eat when I get there and has only had 2 bottles, but today was a new low. Hopefully this was all a result of her crazy gas today (Deb, my work friend who watched Morgan tonight while Adam and I went to volleyball, said that Morgan belched like Elf did (in the movie) when he does the long, drawn out belch...and then slumped over all tired. :) Atta girl.

And Adam and I got to go play volleyball for our league team and it was awesome. Adam was hitting the daylights out of the ball and I *finally* hit the floor to get a few balls. FINALLY. I've been so chicken and frustrated at myself for not falling/diving for balls, so I was pretty proud that I finally did it! I figured this - I haven't been allowed to fall for just over a year so it was a hard habit to break. Woo hoo! And we won all three. What a great night.

Now it's time to pump (since she had a bottle for her last feeding instead of nursing), double check that things are ready for tomorrow, and then head to bed. Miss Morgan was up at 3:20am last night to eat - not unusual, no real problem there...until it was time for her to go back down and all she did was smile up at me from her crib. So I bounced her on the ball. For 15 minutes. Nothing. Still awake. I called Adam up for his turn since I'd been up for 45 minutes at that point and still had to pump b/c she hadn't eaten enough (although she'd eaten a ton). After pumping I went back to bed but couldn't sleep b/c I heard Adam and Morgan fighting each other upstairs through the monitor. He finally came down to bed at 4:45am and we then listened to Morgan making noises for the next half hour so when she was finally quiet at 5:15am, I was spent b/c I knew my alarm would be going off in 15 minutes. So yup, I'd been up since 3:20am. And worked a full day. And played volleyball. It's amazing what this thing called "motherhood" can make your body handle. Craziness. And did I mention she's getting cuter by the day? Oh, Morgan's getting cuter by the day. And we love her so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment