Our Muscatine friends, Nancy & Rich, just had their second set of twins about a week and a half ago and after an offer to bring over dinner (and cute little girl outfits after twin boys), they told us tonight would be good. Sweet! Allison and Sydnee slept pretty much the whole time we were there, but Allison woke up just before we were going to leave and I got to hold her for a few minutes. SO super tiny...wow. Morgan was never as small as the girls were even though they are both a healthy 6lbs and change. Morgan had fun watching the very active boys while they were running all around and playing. She also thought the girls were tiny dolls to play with when we first got there b/c they were so still - she was so drawn to them and loved looking at them. Congrats again to the Benners!
We're hoping that Morgan's renewed diaper rash isn't a result of her consuming more (real) milk. We have a very small amount of formula left here at home so she's getting 1/2 and 1/2 until it runs out. Mary's got enough to get her through her 1st birthday which is good b/c Mary is very nervous that Morgan get formula until she's one. I think it might be b/c she's followed by the state (state certified for the highest level of...jargon I don't know other than it's good). Either way, that would be no fun if our baby wasn't a good milk drinker seeing as how we could easily support our own cow in the backyard if we had yet another 10 hours in the day. :)
So I'm super excited for this weekend b/c I hope to buy Morgan's big birthday present on Saturday. I would like to buy her a little kitchen set that we can put under the hole in the wall on the kitchen side so Morgan has something more fun to do than play with her magnets on the fridge (which IS fun, but not every day for weeks on end). Adam thought I was turning her into a "girly girl" by wanting the one with a little baby seat, but Morgan already loves her babies so why on earth wouldn't she want a kitchen with a place to put her baby? :)
Tomorrow is the epic debut of "daddy daycare" at our house. Mary checked with all her kids and wanted to take tomorrow off so we decided Adam would stay home with her since I haven't seen my high school kids for 2 weeks and I have an afternoon meeting I really shouldn't miss. Adam also had some extra vacation and has been baby-deprived with school/work so he's really looking forward to it. I think it will be fun. I'm only a little nervous about what things will be like when I get home. ;) JK, he's so great with her that I'm not worried at all.
I think we're going to switch pediatricians. We are just so upset about the whole re-vaccination thing and when I called to make her follow-up re-vacc for tomorrow, they tried telling me she was getting the wrong vaccinations!! Long story short, I think we're going to switch. It's just not worth gross neglect of taking care of something as important as vaccinations...will keep you posted on how it goes.
That's all. I'm dying to make more bows. I feel bow-deprived. I think this weekend will be a little lower key so I'm looking forward to that greatly. Also, we've finally pinpointed a day/time/place for Morgan's IA birthday party so off I go to order those invites!
No comments:
Post a Comment