Saturday, October 9, 2010

A trip to the pumpkin patch


We lived today to its fullest. Not in the usual, hurry hurry hurry kind of way, but in a do one fun thing, on to the next fun thing, next fun thing, dinner, bed. :) Well, at least for the baby, that's how it went.


Morgan and I went to SS this morning and were (gasp!) 3 minutes early (on a day she didn't need her diaper changed upon arrival, of course). We had a good workout and planned two short stops/errands while in the Quad Cities but at the last minute as I was exiting I-74, I remembered Old Navy was having a $16 sale today since it's their "16th birthday." I veered (safely) to the right and...duh duh duh....hit the jackpot. I got so much stuff it was insane. Insanely perfect since I've sort of been dying to do a big splurge like that for the past week or so. I got Morgan the most aDORABLE red peacoat for winter/church. Adam got a polo and sweater for $20 total. I splurged and bought something full-price which is UNHEARD of in my shopping world...but they were the cutest dang flats I've ever seen, they had my size, and there was no way they could stay at ON. I also got jeans, two fleeces, a jacket, two tanks, and I think that's it? Either way I got tons for cheap and was really happy. :)

So then we went home and had some lunch...well, I had some lunch and Morgan went on hunger strike and had not even half of a yogurt. Fine. (you know how frustrated I get when she doesn't eat...) So she played and played and played with Adam and I and then, finally, she started laying down on the floor which means NAP time. :) She went down easy and it was great.

Then Adam got some homework done and I FINALLY got some bows made...10 to be exact...and it was nice to just have some time to myself to do something I wanted to do (after cleaning the bathroom, of course).

Then we headed to the pumpkin patch in Buffalo, IA. They had animals, a bouncy house (too much for Morgan quite yet), pumpkins (duh), hayrides, and a few other attractions that Morgan just isn't quite ready for yet. We had a nice time and got some fun pictures (obviously). I think we'll have to make that trip every fall. We lucked out that it was in the mid-80s today when usually this time of year one would have to bundle up somewhat for such an adventure.

Morgan ate a small dinner when we got home (shocker - she loved the meat the best) and then more playing ensued. However, about a half hour before bedtime, I noticed that Morgan felt hot and sure enough, she's got a low-grade fever. No idea where that came from but it would match the runny nose she's had all day. Hopefully teeth issues? Who knows. Either way, nothing a little Tylenol/Orajel couldn't help.

Morgan officially used up her last formula today at home. She still has some at daycare, but we are no longer buying formula. YYEEEAAAHHH!!

Morgan and her pumpkins

Checking out the stem...

Ack!! What's on my hands?!

Checking out the tiny gourds.

I want theeeeeeese Mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment