We had SUCH a great day today (as evidenced by all the pictures). I didn't get all my vacuuming done but most of the other things on my list were accomplished minus taking a nap with Morgan in the afternoon. I made some really cute bows instead. It's ok to skip one to-do to complete another. I guess.
Morgan and I made cookies today using Great Grandma Schmidt's recipe. One weekend when we were back home, I mentioned that my cookies always suck. They are flat, too dry, too something other than awesome. Since I had eaten about 10 of the 20 she had brought to my in-laws' house that day, I asked if she'd share her recipe. Secret ingredient? A box of instant vanilla pudding mix. I modified with a fat-free instant chocolate since I wasn't leaving the house and didn't have THE secret ingredient. They were sooooo good. The batter was even better. ;-)
We played a LOT today too and it was easy to take turns hanging out with her up the stairs, down the stairs, up the stairs, down the stairs and tons of playing all together. I felt truly blessed that God had Mother Nature dump that much snow on us so we could all be together on a random Wednesday. It was really nice to be able to relax, do some things and not others and have no pressure to leave or get things done b/c it was a free day. :-D
Then it was time to go outside and have a little fun. Conveniently, the plow came through late in the afternoon just as we were going outside so I played with Morgan while Adam moved the rest of the snow from the driveway. I stopped for a few quick errands when I came into Muscatine yesterday to make sure we had everything we needed. When at Menards for firestarters, I came across a toddler sled which was JUST what Morgan always wanted (right?) and she and I had a GREAT time using it (see picture). She kept yelling "Moh!! Moh!!" when I stopped. Now let me tell you, I got my workout in today. Pulling that kid around in snow and giant drifts got VERY tiring very quickly especially for this out of shape momma. It was SO much fun though I didn't really care. Note to self - don't try to pull the toddler sled with said toddler in it through the ditch. It's REALLY deep there and a mommy might get stuck a little. ;-P
No comments:
Post a Comment