Thursday, February 17, 2011

Oh noooo...

It's...highlight reel time!!
  • If Morgan says "Oh nooooo" behind you a bunch of times while you're painting trim outside just after taking multiple walks in her stroller, her hand is covered in mud that she grabbed off the wheel and wants you to remove it now. No, NOW. Sniffle...sniffle....cryyyyy. See? Faster, mom.
  • Morgan barfed at daycare today around 11am. Mary was just about to call me after cleaning her up, but since Morgan started immediately saying, "I hungry!" right after (no fever, playing fine), she didn't call and Morgan carried on as usual. Random.
  • Morgan is now almost regularly going on the potty at Mary's. We're not near Dora undies at daycare yet, but she even pooped on the potty today. ;) We're on our way! And it's almost uncanny how accurate Mary can be with predicting development of a single child.
  • I'm pretty excited b/c there is a good chance that my sector SLPs and I are getting iPads for therapy. SO excited to see my students' faces light up when their "old lady speech teacher" is in this century with them. :)
  • Trim is painted. Thank God that's done. :)
  • A few days ago one of the little girls at daycare sent home two tubs of summer clothes (she's maybe 14 months older than Morgan) and I'm shocked that this little girl ever wore these things more than once - we had at least 30 dresses amongst a ton of other things to go through and have. Lucky us! After going through things and thinking of all the money we had just saved, I may be guilty of hoping just a tiny bit that the next one is a girl too b/c I'm cheap. :) But I LOVE buying clothes for Morgan so I can't imagine that it wouldn't be fun to buy clothes for K#2, right?!
  • Today I found out that my college throws/track coach passed away. It's not a super-surprise b/c his health was never really great, but it's still sad that someone who got me going on a dream I didn't know I had passed away. Thanks, Coach Bill, for believing in me when I didn't fit the "normal thrower-girl bill" and helping me get started on a successful path to being an All-American. You will be missed. RIP.
  • I can recite Brown Bear Brown Bear and Goodnight Moon from memory. Baby Bear Baby Bear is a close 3rd. She finishes the sentences for me and either says the name of the book or "me! me!" (I see a ___ looking at ME.). She's so stinkin' cute.
  • I'm a little obsessed with my kid. I heart her. In case it wasn't obvious.
The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment