Saturday, February 12, 2011

Iowa Children's Museum & New Floor!

What a busy/great/tiring/snotty/wonderful day! Morgan was up nice and early (6:30am hello it's Saturday, child) so the rest of us followed suit. Amazing how such a tiny person can impact an entire household.

Adam's parents arrived without incident yesterday and picked up Morgan from daycare when they got here. We had decided to rip out the (1st floor) living room carpet and lay down the wood laminate floor we recently purchased for CHEAP. Originally I was going to stay behind with Adam and do it while Morgan and G-parents went to Iowa City to the Children's Museum...however, Al & I switched places and lucky us, off we went after the carpet had all been ripped out and Morgan had napped.

Such fun!! The museum was one of the neatest places ever. I think Morgan might have enjoyed it even more had she been a little older, but she still loved almost all of the things we did. :) I say almost b/c silly me, I thought she could handle the giant (and I mean from second floor to first floor) closed in curly slide but when I let her go for Grandma Sherri to catch her at the bottom and heard *clunk clunk clunk scream* I ran down the many stairs to a very sadscaredhurt baby who had a bit of a red bump on her head. She calmed quickly, took a drink of water, and ran off to play more. Oops. I left my mother-of-the-year tiara there for a more deserving mom. :-/

When we got back, the floor was about 1/3 of the way put in. We worked on it through Morgan going to bed and we only have about 2 rows left. The vents are in the way, it was late, and it was time to call it a night. It looks SOOO beautiful. My only regret is that we aren't in a place to buy enough to do the entire rest of the wood laminate floor on the first floor. Sigh. All in good time.

Now we're relaxing after brownie sundaes and a rather yummy baked chicken dinner, if I do say so myself. I still have to go get wood. Boo. But hip hip hooray, I see at least 40s in our future - heat WAVE people. I heart it already. Squee!

No comments:

Post a Comment