Monday, August 8, 2011

Brought to you by the letter 'L'

Morgan has, in the past week or so, decided to really notice and start using the /l/ sound. I must say, it's interesting that she's suddenly shown this awareness of this sound as I've not even tried to show her /l/ in any sort of detail outside of normal speech b/c it's wayyyy too early developmentally for her to be worrying about that sound (think K-1st grade-ish, depending on the SLP). It's hard to catch on video so I'll spare myself that, but when she's really trying to make the /l/ sound, her tongue comes wayyyy out and flips around a little bit before moving on. It's rather hilarious. I giggle to myself, say it back to her with a good /l/, and move on. Just another one of those things that she says/does in error now that is totally cute but won't be to her building SLP when she's older.

In other news, Adam's parents came into town again this weekend to visit which is always pleasant and appreciated (we love having family to visit!! Especially Morgan!). It just so happened that we needed a sitter Saturday afternoon and Grandma was much obliged to help out while Al was watching Adam's softball games. After a lovely baby shower (first twin baby shower for me!), I went home to change and get Morgan and Grandma to head to more of Adam's games. Morgan did extremely well considering it was relatively hot, we were there for several hours, and ended up having dinner at bedtime and bedtime at 9pm. Did I mention it was sheer bliss that I was able to sleep in until 7:40am the next morning b/c she was so tired? :) I wouldn't recommend this being a regular event, however. She didn't nap long Sunday afternoon and the rest of the day was a whole lot of whining and crying b/c she was so over tired. Needless to say, she was in bed ON TIME last night and again let us sleep in until 7:30am today. Sigh. LOVE that extra sleep time...

Which brings me to the dreaded "this is my last week" post. I remember writing this last year too with more emotion and tears, I believe. I start regular work hours/contract time again on Monday which is both good and bad. Good b/c we will all be in routine again, Morgan will get to see her friends and beloved Mary, and I will be doing a job I love. Bad for the obvious - I will miss her like crazy. The amount of hours I won't be seeing her compared to now makes me very sad...the options to go do fun things or even keep the house up/clean will be sorely missed. I'm thinking after Christmas it will be time to get a cleaning lady...at least every other week, although my ideal situation would be weekly. We shall see...

More soon. It's almost time to deal with the completion of Go Diego Go and haul a sad little hiney outside to play...which might save us from the Diego ending storm. Yet another thing we're working on... :-D

PS. Baby Sister is continuing to be active and growing. She doesn't wake me up at night, but she definitely keeps me up at night if I'm awake for something and my mind starts going...she can usually tell when I'm up and thinking and then stays up for quite a while practicing her acrobatics. Adam's alarm doesn't help either...which is a problem that will be solved next week, I suppose. :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment