Saturday, August 13, 2011

Well...let's be spontaneous, shall we?

So here's the deal. I realize it's been a while since I posted but there's good reason...

The $h!t hit the fan on Tuesday. A week or two ago, Adam found a house he wanted us to look at. I digress - Adam does not care for our house. I don't mind it and actually love quite a few things about this house (hello kids' bedrooms! Huge!!) but we both knew that this was not going to be our "forever" house from the beginning. So opposite of digressing - regressing? - we looked at this house in a lovely subdivision about 2-3 miles from our house (in Mark Twain for all you Muscatine-ers) and it was rather easy to say no and move on...however, our amazing realtor (who we really love - she's truly amazing and the best in the area at what she does) said that if we had time, there was another house around the corner in the subdivision that we should look at that was comparable in price (even a little less) with better upgrades and whatnot. So off we go...

Only to find the house of our dreams. Seriously, this is the house that we pictured as our "forever" house. It's beautiful. It's ready to go and I could only find 3 minor things I might change over YEARS (meaning not projects that need to be done immediately) but only b/c it could be our forever house and we'd make it ours all the way. With our current house, we like it but there are just projects after projects that we can't seem to stop doing b/c we want it to be ours and it's endless. That said, I do like our house now - it's NOT a bad house contrary to Adam's popular belief.

So here are my thoughts -
  1. I love the house we are hoping to buy.
  2. I don't hate our house that we're living in now, but if we're able to buy this new house (which we are) after selling the current one, I'd like my dream house now, not later, thankyouverymuch.
  3. If our house doesn't sell by Thanksgiving, we're taking it off the market until Spring.
  4. If we end up staying in this house, it is not a huge deal for us as obviously God didn't have this particular house in the cards for us right now. It also means that some of the projects that we've been meaning to get done will also have just gotten done a whole lot faster.
  5. Our realtor is shooting for us to have about a week turn-around for us to have the house "list-ready." Holy. Buckets. Needless to say, we've been working our @$$e$ off since Wednesday. 
  6. I really hope this works out but am not going to be heartbroken if it doesn't. I realize the economy's in a downward spiral at the moment so my hopes are not super high...but boy if it does... :-D   <--that's me in my new house.
Wish us luck! If anyone's looking to buy a nice house in a great neighborhood and get a good deal, then give us a call! Otherwise, fingers crossed and prayers said are much appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment