Since the past several posts have been dedicated to the housing project we're taking on (ps. we're officially listed today!), I decided it's time to update on the girls only. So here goes:
Baby Sister
~She continues to kick like crazy. She definitely has her cycles of awake and asleep time, especially when I lay with an unsupported belly on my side. She loved the afternoon portion of my all-day staff meeting yesterday and I wonder if it's b/c she hasn't heard "loud speaker" voices yet.
~I'm 23w1d along. She's about a foot long now and weighs just over a pound, however, if she's anything like Morgan she might be a little more than that in terms of weight.
~I really wonder how she's positioned b/c there are lots of times she kicks me, well, in the rear? Either way, we love feeling her kick and yesterday morning was the first time she really "played" back and forth with Adam.
~I feel like I'm getting to know Baby Sister earlier this time than I did with Morgan. I can't stress how much I love having my babies with me where ever I go while I'm pregnant with them. Sometimes I actually "miss" her even though I haven't formally met her yet. As weird as this all sounds, it's true. I want a full-term pregnancy (which shouldn't be a problem, ha), but I really can't wait to meet her.
Big Sister
~Morgan enjoys kissing and tickling her little sister. And elbowing her while crawling on mommy. ;-)
~Morgan is now fully integrated into her big girl bed. We kept the crib in her room for a week but she never even asked for it or looked back so off to the other room it went on Sunday. She did very well with this part of the transition and now calls it "Baby's bed" whenever she notices it.
~Morgan hasn't woken up with a wet diaper since she started sleeping in her big girl bed. We didn't talk to her about it or anything but just praised her in the morning when she woke up dry (like it's the coolest thing ever, since it is). It's been a week ago Sunday. PROUD.
~Morgan's language is at least at the 2 1/2-3 year old level right now according to my norm data. She's picking up new words every day and frequently using 4-word utterances. Lots of times she says 3-word utterances back to back but I'm not prepared to call those 6-word utterances...yet. ;-)
~While she is the shining apple of our eye at the moment, she is also becoming QUITE the little drama queen sometimes with meltdowns. They are typically short-lived but they are getting a bit more intense.
~When she gets "owies," she now has the choice to either get a kiss or be tough. She chooses both about equally much to Daddy's enjoyment.
~Morgan is becoming SUPER brave on playground equipment and tonight she went down the second biggest curly slide she's ever seen. She freely climbs up ladders (with MorD right there to catch but really aren't needed), chains, and other climbing equipment with foot/hand holds. And she LOVES it.
~She's really into praying for people she knows outside of our immediate family at night when we say prayers. It's adorable. And when we ask her at the very end of the night what her favorite part of the day was, her answers are almost always something to smile and laugh about when the other parent gets to hear what it was. Tonight her favorite part was the water and the ducks. (we devoted her awake time to her tonight since we've been crazy house people the past two weeks. we went to the park to feed the ducks/geese on the pond and then to the playground.)
I love my girls. I feel so lucky to have them and sometimes can't imagine how I thought I'd be living the life of a mommy of all boys (given Adam's lineage and whatnot). I wouldn't trade my girls for the world and I thank God every day for them. xo
No comments:
Post a Comment