Well, I wish that was what was wrong with Morgan's tummy. She's not overly fussy, she's not throwing up or anything, but her tummy has been off since this weekend. Today Mary stopped giving her milk after breakfast and she's been eating chicken, noodles, and other bland boring things since yesterday. Poor kid. I wouldn't call her all-out sick or anything by any means, but she's had an accident or two which we don't make a big deal about b/c she's sick. Ish. Because when Adam dropped her off this morning she was bonkers and you'd never know. :)
Today we took the Highlander in for some routine maintenance since we're suddenly in the 80Ks for miles (we got it at 26K miles just over two years ago...miles, anyone?) so it was time for some fluid changes. I could tell a huge difference when I drove it back to school at lunch and am really pleased we had it all done. Bonus - we thought we'd have to replace my tires before winter and the mechanic seemed very sure that I'd easily make it through winter without new tires. Score. :)
Poor Baby Sister has hiccups all.the.time. Sometimes she gets them and then gets really mad/kicky b/c they must bug her so much. I also think she might be trying to go back to transverse sometimes as I was not very comfortable at work today. Oh well, not much I can do about it and another 8 days to go until my next appointment...then it's weekly from there on out!
Carbs...carbs...CARBS. Ok. So two appointments ago, I had the epic SEVEN pound weight gain and I was a little (lot) freaked out. I had been doing very well with no more than a pound-a-week gains this entire pregnancy. My doctor reassured me (tried to, anyway) that it's common to have a big gain in the 2nd trimester and since I "missed it" I was just catching up. Well...really it was just part pregnancy part food choices. She suggested replacing some of my carbs with protein. That said...now all I can think about is eating carbs. I could spend 4 hours a day stuffing my face full of bread, cereal (huge downfall - best nighttime snack ever), ice cream (this is not new, however), and any other thing that reads "large amount of carbs" in the ingredients.
That said, I only gained 1lb at my last appointment which puts me (I think) at roughly +23? +25? something like that. I also know that I'm roughly -5lbs from where I was at this same point in my pregnancy last time. My goal is to gain no more than 30 which is 10lbs under my last pregnancy. The thought of having 10lbs LESS to lose this time around makes me almost giddy.
Now THAT said, I'm pretty sure I'm still having a bowl of cereal tonight as soon as I'm done writing this instead of one of the giant, yummy, healthy grapefruits sitting for me in the fridge. :-D I heart you, carbs. Dang it.
No comments:
Post a Comment