Saturday, November 5, 2011

It begins...

I may officially be nesting. Well, not in the traditional "we're three weeks or less away from a birth," but more like "it's getting to be winter soon I want all presents for WI-ites purchased and left in WI when we leave to come back after Thanksgiving there's a baby on the way with a room that is not even CLOSE to ready (although it IS one or two steps closer) the house is getting less clean now that it's off the market" kind of nesting. If that kind really even exists.

Thursday night Adam finally obliged and let me help move the queen sized guest bed out of the Baby's room and into the office which is now officially the office/guest bedroom (and doesn't look too bad, if I do say so myself). I'd post pictures but that would mean getting off the couch, going up and down a flight of stairs, and looking through pictures on the camera. Not happening, folks. Anyway, this allowed me to reorganize a little, vacuum and get things ready, and get an overall picture of where we want to be by Friday when Adam's parents come down to help us get two coats of green on the walls. Pink stripes to come shortly thereafter. OMG I CAN'T WAIT.

Let's see, I accomplished a lot today but what was it all...breakfast, made banana chocolate chip muffins/bread, vacuumed upstairs, played with Morgan, ran to two stores while Adam put his deer stand out in the woods somewhere, made lunch, ordered some things online, made 4 lasagnas (3 to freeze, one for tomorrow), dishes like crazy, played again, dinner (mmm...homemade chicken pot pie), played more, and had a great night with my family after Adam got home from hunting (during which time he saw every midwestern forest animal but a deer). Day = productive with promises of clean bathrooms, a taped off baby's room, and clean floors by the end of the day tomorrow.

Morgan is no longer asking why, but also "why not?!" Super. :) She's also been complaining that specific items on her body hurt (My tooth hurts, my piggie toe hurts, my belly hurts...). We don't know if she's actually hurting half the time but we just acknowledge and move on and if it actually does hurt, it comes up again shortly thereafter.

I think we've prepped her for daylight savings' time. That said, we'll be seeing y'all at 5:45am tomorrow morning when she doesn't *quite* remember that she got to go to bed at a ridiculous hour the past three nights in prep for a not-5:30am-wake up call. :)

Last night we decided to take a trip to the Quad Cities since we were both home from work at a decent hour and went to Old Chicago for pizza (yum), Sam's for a few things (at which place I finally found the kind of play doh fun accessories set I've been looking for for months), and then Toys 'R Us b/c the bike I (I say I b/c it is a Pinkalicious bike - best ever b/c it has a baby seat on the back) have been wanting to buy her for Christmas was on ridiculous sale and I had another coupon where if you spend $100 you got $10 off and I knew I could do it. (whew. longest sentence ever.) I'm also excited for the doctor kit we found, her new iXL game (which was on unexpected sale), and a few other things I can't remember at the moment. I swear I'm not going to overspend on her this year. I swear. Baby Sister will be fine with such functional things as a monitor, swaddle (which will be opened early), and the like.

That said, Adam's got the wood stove cranked up like a crazy person and I'm about to break out my bikini to make up for how warm it is in our basement living room. And it's making me tired. So after I mention that I had a taste of Pinterest last night and am going to avoid it for the time being b/c I'm on the computer too much already, I'm going to lie down and promptly fall asleep early on daylight savings' time night after having the best turtle sundae I've had in a while. Thankyouverymuch. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment