I am sucking at keeping up with this blog lately, you guys. (I know, I know, I can hear all the DUHs). Now that the garage sale is over, not a trace of it left, I can focus on more important things - like really getting this summer under way. Next up? Heading to WI on Tuesday through Sunday for some serious family time while Adam travels to God only knows where in Canada (he just told me Montreal/Toronto, so there you go) and meets us there Friday afternoon. To say I can't wait is a serious understatement. The dogs are staying home (our favorite local kennel) so it's just a girlies trip on the way up, plus one daddy on the way home.
Warning - I'm obsessed with two apps on my iPod touch (can't wait until this is my iPhone whenever I'm due for a new one, btw). One is the Nike Training Club app which has TONS of really great workouts that you can really mold to fit you and what you want/need for your 15-45 minute workout. NOTE: The advanced level is significantly more challenging so it wasn't funny to laugh at Adam practically dying when he attempted it way before I did...oops. :) It's awesome to say the least and is perfect for girlie nap time or after bedtime when I need to do something besides carry a child (or two) around all day and push everyone in/on their swings. Second app - My Fitness Pal (free! even better!). It helps you log any and everything you could possibly want to know about what's going in/out of your body, including calories and pounds and inches and and and. What we both are doing is initially setting up how much we want to lose and how fast. I set mine to lose a pound a week which I thought was very realistic. Adam, being a boy and able to lose weight when he wants (like boys can do, it's so not fair), set his to two pounds a week. It tells you how many calories you should have for the day but it takes into account exercise (earn more calories!) and then tells you at the end of the day how you'd be doing in 5 weeks if you ate like you did that day every day until then. Sorry for the long, drawn out chat on apps and how they are going to help me get back into my Joes, but it's a really big part of my life right now b/c I am so.over. feeling like junk and not fitting into my clothes. Ten pounds? You're going to be gone in ten weeks. But let's say 11 b/c I'm not logging anything into (at least MFP) these apps while in Vegas. ;-)
Another me/Hadley note - she's almost weaned. I'm down to one feeding a day and it's first thing in the morning since she was SO sleepy at night feedings and not getting as much as she should/could. I think it's only a few more mornings even that I'm going to do that before she's weaned for good. It's bittersweet b/c it's always hard for it to be my "last feeding" b/c once that factory is even remotely shut down, it's over. No going back. My body practically rejoices in being dried up. I know I have friends out there who are not so lucky and weaning is a completely different (painful) experience for them...but I'll thank my lucky stars and once that tie is severed, we'll move on and I'll really start to enjoy my complete freedom to have my body back to myself again (and be able to eat/drink as much/little as I want and know I'm not affecting a tiny little person who is so dependent on me).
I suppose I should blog about the garage sale since it took over the title of this post (really, it's just late, I'm tired, and couldn't think of anything better. Lame-ity lame lame, I know). SO, Julie and I had a garage sale yesterday and today to get rid of the gob tons of stuff that were collected in our basement and various closets in tubs from when we were going to sell the house last summer. We made a fair chunk of change and hauled the rest to Goodwill this afternoon. It feels so good to have that done. Next time I have one will be when Hadley is out of 3T stuff and I can get rid of IT ALL (sniffle sniffle...they'll both be so BIG by then). I can't imagine how much we're going to get for all their toys and baby items (exersaucer, etc). Those garage sales are killer. :) Today, Julie had a commitment (she covered for one of mine yesterday so it worked out really well!) so I had the sale and both girls alone until ten. I was really nervous but everyone behaved SO well and I actually had to wake Hadley from the world's longest nap (for her) so she could stay on track for a good afternoon nap - which actually happened! I think we're onto something there which I couldn't be happier about.
Tonight, while Adam was putting Hadley to bed (and actually, the two of them fell asleep in the rocker for a while), I was outside playing with Morgan on her playground set and around the camp fire and it sort of blew me away with how big she's getting. I don't necessarily mean size, but how grown up she's getting. She was chattering away like a monkey in a tree and at one point told me, "Mama, I don't want you to help me. I want to figure it out by myself." No kidding, word for word. While I was beyond proud of her for wanting to figure something out on her own and saying so, a tiny little piece of my heart broke. And now that I'm tearing up, maybe it was a bigger piece than I thought...It's just hard watching her get so big so fast and be so good at it. She's such a delight to be around (ok, 98% of the time) and I just hope and pray that she never loses that focus and that drive to speak her mind and be sure of herself in such a way. Oh seriously, now I'm all tears all over. Ridiculous...but still. It's hard to think of her as not necessarily my baby anymore b/c she's always going to be my first baby. Ok, topic change or I'm going to cry myself to sleep. I think I'm a little tired. Yeah, that's it.
I'm saving Hadley things for tomorrow since she's going to be SIX MONTHS OLD and all. Six months ago at this very moment, we were thinking about getting ready to go to bed and I told my dad (who was visiting that weekend) that we might be going to the hospital in the next few hours b/c I was having what I thought were real-live contractions (remember - I was induced with Morgan so I thought contractions were something totally different) and the look on his face was priceless b/c he had no idea. :)
Adam's doing well. He's lost 5lbs on his apps (well, in real life but it's b/c of those apps) and is feeling pretty good about it. Work is busy but relatively manageable right now. We just decided that I'd take him to the airport on Monday so we don't have to pick up his truck on Sunday on our way through and add that much more time to the trip with two girlies (who will hopefully be so tired and have a similar trip home to what they did after Tommy's & Carrie's wedding weekend. Adam has the city golf tournament this weekend and tees off at 11am tomorrow (ick) but we'll work around it and go from there. My goal by Monday night is to have a clean house, packed bags, and have to wake up Tues morning to take the girls to Mary's to eat breakfast while I do the 45 minute round trip to drop the dogs off before we make our way home. I'm not going to be in any super rush so we'll just plug away at the miles and hope for the best.
Ok friends. I need to get my hiney in bed b/c if I'm a bettin' kinda girl, I can bet you that Hadley will have a poopy diaper sometime between now and 5am. Awesome sauce. Praying for this new poop schedule to go away so we can sleep in poopless bliss for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment