Sunday, June 10, 2012

Happy 6 months, Hadley!

She's 6 months old! Hadley is already 6 months old?? I know it's totally cliche but where have those last 6 months gone??! It feels like she just joined our family yet has been here always. Enjoy highlights of our rapidly growing, developing, and changing "Howdie."

  • She got her first tooth!! I found it later this afternoon while the girls and I were playing in her room. I was so excited! Three months earlier than when Morgan got her first tooth, both on the day they turned a month older.
  • She's found her voice (reference "yell face pic" below). It's so pleasant. Not really. Well, sometimes, but definitely not in Applebee's after dinner when it's time to leave and she wants NOTHING to do with her carseat SCREAM. 
  • She rolls EVERYWHERE. This morning, both girls gave us a present by sleeping VERY late! 7:25 and 7:35. That said, Morgan and I checked on Hadley since this is unprecedented and she was sleeping on her tummy! Sound asleep! PS. She's not been fully swaddled for several nights now. I don't think her tummy/legs are swaddled tonight (Adam was the last to see her) so no worries there. She looked so comfy. 
  • Hadley had been changing so rapidly the past few weeks. She now eats well at mealtimes, sometimes appearing to be a little piggy! I almost don't remember what makes her so much different than a month ago, but she is and it's great. I love when they're tiny but it's so fun watching them grow!
  • Hadley will be weaned as of tomorrow. I was unsure of what day to officially make this happen but this morning when she pinched me 100x, was not even CLOSE to focused on the task at hand, and just seemed over it, I decided the frustration of one feeding a day was not worth it anymore. That said, I'm looking forward to date night with Adam in WI on Friday and enjoying TWO glasses of wine without a second thought in .... well over a year. 
  • Hadley is just a pleasant baby to be around still. She's turning into her own little person with lots to say (she's been chatting up a STORM lately) and is taking in the world around her. She continues to LOVE watching those around her, especially kids. 
  • We love our Howdie! Happy 6 months, baby!!



Best picture I could get next to the Polar Bear without her eating it. 



See? NOM NOM NOM I love you polar bear


Sisters for 6 months! Taa daaaaa!


Seriously. She was not having this shoot so here the smily falling over one. 


This is mah YELL FACE!!


The reason I keep chewing on my fingers is b/c I'm a normal 
baby and get teeth on time unlike my sister! First tooth found later this afternoon!


I kick you for taking too many pictures, mom. Hai-ya.


Sisters again. Morgan wanted sooooo badly to suck her 
thumb during these pics but wasn't allowed. Poor kid.


That's some serious sister love. Sorry, Hadley's belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment