Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Rollin' rollin' rollin'

Hadley can now roll front to back and back to front (to her left). Before Adam went to go back to work at the end of lunch, she did it twice using her legs against the bars of her jungle gym but then he got a 1/2 mile down the road and I'd moved her so she couldn't cheat, and she did it again anyway. :)

Also, she LOVES to stand now, especially if there is something fun going on like her music table (which Morgan SWEARS SWEARS SWEARS is hers and struggles to share even though she's not played with it for ... oh, well over a year).

It seems like the last two weeks have seen some major movements with Hadley's development which is good for our peace of mind b/c even though I tell parents ALL the dang time not to compare their kids, I am completely guilty. I don't do it in a competitive way (like ohhh, Morgan was better for doing this first, or woo! Hadley's better at that!) but more so in a "I hope there's not something wrong" kind of way. (I know, it's ridiculous and we are blessed with two very healthy, happy little girls). Anyway. It's fine. She's growing and developing quite nicely.

Morgan, on the other hand, is struggling. Today she told me that ALL of the toys were hers. I told her that wasn't the case and she very emphatically informed me otherwise. And it begins...

I swear I've heard Morgan produce the /k,g/ sounds in the past week or so, but when I ask her to repeat a word, she fronts it like any other child her age would. I'm very aware that she's completely appropriate for her age in this respect, but I may have a party the day she gets her velars. She's got so many other sounds that for me to think about this daily is ridiculous. I'll blame my undiagnosed OCD. ;-)

We are just about ready for our rummage sale this weekend (Fri/Sat). Adam has a golf tournament on Saturday so I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do with the girls but we'll figure it out. I'm thinking a mommy's helper or something.

Other than that, Hadley's been getting up at 5am-ish for a week now. She doesn't usually go back to sleep. I blame soaked wet diapers, poo diapers, and all around happy child issues. 5am. GAH. I'm hoping getting Hadley on a normal napping schedule (one in the morning, one in the afternoon) will help this.

Did I mention Hadley eats like a CRAZY person now? As in 2oz of formula to oatmeal (which I think is giving her a rash around her face and I'm switching her back to rice cereal tomorrow) and a full tub/container of 1st baby foods? At each meal to boot. I'm telling you, the past 2 weeks have seen amazing changes in our little baby.

Sorry for the Hadley-heavy post ... she's just changing a ton and I didn't want to miss anything.

Speaking of not missing anything, I need to NOT miss more sleep so I'm going to bed. It's funny b/c people go to Vegas to stay up all night and party and seriously, I might pack PJs and a swimsuit so I can sleep as much as I want, lay out and sleep, and then go inside to sleep some more. It's going to be awesome.

Random small talk person: "Vegas?! That's awesome! What did you guys do?"
Me: "Oh, well, you know ... I slept. The whole time."
;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment