Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Vegas, Baby! Or no baby, I guess

Oh dear, how cliche (Vegas, baby). Oh well, we went, (one of us) came back, and it was great to have some alone time where we could just worry about such things as feeding ourselves (only), sleeping if/when we wanted, getting only one person each dressed/cleaned/etc...it was lovely. Saturday involved lots of airport time but once we were there, it was worth it. I was only there for a short time (Sat-Mon) but we did lots of things such as walking around the strip, little time in the sun (which, it turns out, is enough to make a pasty white midwestern girl quite pink), and an amazing hour and a half at Cirque du Soleil "O". If you are ever in Vegas, it's worth every ridiculous penny that it costs to go to such a show and you'll need to go. It was stunning. It was amazing. People appeared out of water in a way that only can be compared to a Disney movie where you're really not sure how it happened but it's happening right in front of your very eyes but it is anyway. I must have jumped in my seat 100x thinking someone was going to fall or crash or something crazy but it was just. so. good.

I came back yesterday and it was short enough, long enough, and I was more than excited when my little girlies surprised me at the airport when I landed!! I was NOT expecting that whatsoever and was basically trying to pretend not to run people over while running to my car after getting off the (tiny) plane. All of a sudden I saw a little girl but didn't think too much of it b/c I'd seen kids all over the place while traveling but then I saw tiny pigtails and heard that giggle and knew it was MY little girl! I am always on the "sending" (kid to daddy) end of things so it was amazing to actually be on the other side - I'm tearing up just thinking about it. :) Also, I can't imagine what Adam goes through each time he travels. It was hard to leave them and amazing coming back (even after such a short time!). Thanks to my in-laws, Al & Sherri, for surprising me with my babies. Also, I have to say, we're so lucky they were able to come and stay with the girls while we were gone. They were obviously so well cared for and had a great time...poor Morgan was pretty sad for a good couple of hours after they left. Sigh. Sometimes WI is so far away. I couldn't imagine living any further away (ie. a flight?! I'd die).

Other than that, the girls are great and Hadley's eating a bit better even though they both came down with colds yesterday. Both of them LOVE LOVE LOVE the water now and Hadley thoroughly enjoys being in her bumbo while in the water. Morgan continues to be hilarious and testing and acting like she's 13 all at the same time. Adam's losing some of his "baby weight" while I'm struggling to get even a pound ahead. I'm working out almost daily 5-6x/week and using a food diary to keep track of what I'm eating to help me stay on top of what is going in and while I ate ok in Vegas, I was not expecting a huge step back when I got back. I figured b/w the three days, I walked around 8-10 miles (4 of them at the Minneapolis airport at a quick pace while pulling a tiny suitcase and purse that subsequently busted off a wheel the second I got home - awesome timing!) and we worked out Saturday for an hour too. Sigh. Just waiting for something to kick in...

Off to do more laundry. It's good to be home and will be even better when it's Friday and our home is full all the way again. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment