- We went to the doctor's office for a weigh in since I had the time and wasn't working yesterday. She is 19lbs, 1oz and 27.5" long. The nurse guesstimated 75th and 50th percentiles, respectively, but she was eyeballing the chart (not actual plotting) so it might be a little off. Either way, she gained almost a pound and an inch in a month. Big kid!
- Still only 2 bottom front teeth but her behavior/slight fever/chewing fingers/all other potential symptoms, have us thinking she might be starting to get the top two in which are usually bears b/c they hurt. :( Poor baby. No white gums or anything so I'm thinking they're just moving around and getting ready instead of actually coming down. Rats.
- She is thisclose to crawling and I know I've said it before but she's close! A few days ago she lifted her hands while on all 4s a few times so maybe she's thinking about that reciprocal movement? Meh, as long as she crawls before she walks, it's fine.
- She also loves to stand and will do so at her music table for.eh.ver until someone gets sick of sitting there with her (she's not a reliable hiney faller yet) or it's finally time to make dinner and she needs to sit and play. She goes from sitting to belly purposefully and is almost there with going in the opposite direction.
- Fine motor-wise, she can easily pick things up with her finger tips but just doesn't have it in her yet to accurately make it to her mouth. Part of it is I need to stop helping her for time's sake and just let her fail til she gets it. I suck at this and have to actively work at it every day of their little lives.
- She understands lots - shake-a shake-a, bounce a baby (she bounces up and down), high five, waves bye/hi, claps but not consistently for yay/clap your hands, no, no bite, drink (signed), more, and is starting to understand some "where" questions for people but this isn't consistent yet either. She's getting really close to signing on her own, too.
- She is now a champ at getting her paci in her mouth on her own unless she's thrown it out of her crib (imagine that.). Last night I watched her take it from one hand, bring it to her other hand, flip it around, and put it in her mouth, all in her sleep. It was pretty sweet.
- She eats all kinds of baby food and oatmeal at each meal (rice cereal didn't agree with her as well) and is now quitting on the baby food about 2/3 of the way into a meal b/c she wants some of what we're having. She LOVES cheese and will mutilate a graham cracker like nobody's business. She also loves chicken and other meats.
Enjoy the photo shoot pictures. There were WAY more fails than good shots so I'll include both in case anyone else things they're humorous, too. Sigh...she's getting so big! Happy 8 months, baby Hadley!
8 months!
And now I run away from you.
Shrinking polar bear...
And....tackle polar bear.
Sister fail #42
Best we could get! 8 months and a little over 2 months shy of 3 years...
Hadley's best pose of what a deer looks like in
the headlights with poor bow placement
Not running away while getting her picture taken at
her music table, a HUGE favorite
Cutie patootie pie.
I stand all by myself!*
*all by myself meaning someone has to be there to catch me when I'm all done
For the past few days she's been way into raspberries
again and thinks she's quite hilarious. She's right.






No comments:
Post a Comment